June 16th - Results are in...

arbocop

I had a very challenging session due to having to fight through the undergrowth to even get close to the water. 0700 -1230 - 2x Chub caught (up to 4lb 4oz), 3 x chub lost, trout caught, swims wrecked (as usual) dace gone from their 'guaranteed' swim - except for one. Minnows stuffed with spawn and nearly fell in. Report to follow (off to take my son swimming now) but here's the fish caught on free-lined bread flake (1/4 slice).

DSCN0573_zpsa9d0c418.jpg

Fat 3lb 7oz..

DSCN0568_zpsc32efa5d.jpg

4lb 4oz - look at that tail! Beautiful chub. Really pulled hard.

DSCN0575_zps14ad5f63.jpg

Will update my blog with the story. I had decided not to blog, as it's contrary to my clubs rules, no-one was reading dribble I write, and I also decided that it wasn't for me. But I will do a new season blog for one week only, as I am going three days on the trot to kick off the new season.

A good start for me, could have been better but got the rod bending.

Put your reports here!

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I had a really enjoyable morning :) First stop was the Windrush, which was very overgrown and hard to get to, but there was plenty of action in the bits I could reach. Nothing big but lots of small chub, several dace, and - a first for me - a roach :) Oh, one little trout too. It would have been nice for one or two of the bigger chub to have shown, but I expect they're tucked away in the impossible to reach bits at the moment. An old banker swim that used to always produce several decent chub is now so overgrown it took be ages to work out where it even was! The biggest dace was a respectable 6oz, a good 'handful' size, and it went totally mental in the fast water.

Next stop was the Evenlode, which was even more overgrown! I scratched out a dace and a chub from one bit, and a dace from another, but like the Windrush I think most of the fish are tucked away at the moment. In one open section I could trot very happily, but didn't get any bites.

Both rivers are quite coloured following the recent rain but in pretty good shape, if still quite low. But it was just so nice to be back by running, gurgling water, fighting through the nettles, and watching the float wander downstream.

Next stop is the Thames where more trotting is in order, and I'm going to take the perch lure stuff too, and see if I can tempt a stripey or two.

A few pics from this morning:

DSCF0049_zps7d89bc6e.jpg

DSCF0048_zps1a106502.jpg

DSCF0047_zpsd79c15b2.jpg

DSCF0046_zps22210678.jpg

DSCF0045_zps7ebdd8e4.jpg

DSCF0044_zps23cbafbc.jpg

DSCF0040_zps3cc31f87.jpg

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I snatched a couple of hours at dawn before dashing up to Bedford to watch my son in the 400mH final of the England u20 Championships (he came 5th but did a PB of 54.18)

Managed a nice chub of 4lb 9oz from a favourite spot of old!

Chub4-09_zps540fc851.jpg

Off soon on the start of the perennial crucian hunt!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Your chub looks like a carbon copy of my 4lb'er - a bit fatter maybe.

Mike

Nice pics Anderoo, really got my juices flowing.

My seasons starts tomorrow

Yeah, Rusty where are you going - will our paths cross?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Your river looked like the river I fished, a bit of turbidity but not enough to knock the fishing on the head.

Nice fishing Anderoo.

Mike

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Speen to try ledgered flake for chub with the cane rod and 'pin, this is really to try out the rod again having only used it once. I'll try trotting with it as well but I don't think it's going to be much good for that, we'll see. After that I was planning to go to the same venue as Viney tried today but I'm a bit put off by the number of anglers showing up so I'm not sure what to do now. The options are endless but I hadn't thought much past plan A.

Well done to those who caught today.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Speen to try ledgered flake for chub with the cane rod and 'pin, this is really to try out the rod again having only used it once.

Have a crack at free-lining a big lump of flake. It works for me and it like trotting but without a float.

DSCN0571_zps30e1faf1.jpg

Mike