Don't mention the Euro

Jim Roper

chesters1:

once the now anti protesters are bombarded with spin , lies , downright lies , bribes ,and fortelling of doom and despair all paid for by the tax payer ,warning of huge tax rises ,longer working hours ,less holidays will be used to convert the wavering , then the actual "question" used in the referendum will be so loaded that more will be dragged over to "yes" side ,then our masters will give us the referendum ,but look at gibralta 90%+ want to stay british BUT still the leaders negociate with spain if the cannot respect the majority in gibralta what chance do we have :mad:

Most Spanish people don't give a hoot about what happens to Gibraltar and would be happy to let the Gibraltarians live what ever live they want to live. The Spanish GOVERNMENT however has different ideas.I agree with you 100% here. If Gibraltarians want to stay British then the should be allowed to and the UK government should be behind them 100%

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aanthony:

Who exactly will benefit from joining the Euro?......Fat cats and big business that's who. Poor Joe public will have to bare the cost of changing over and then be told "it's good for industry", whip-whoo for industry!

As for the price of fags and beer, will they be reduced in price to bring them in line with Europe? yeh right, won't hold my breath. And I can just see the price of petrol being slashed aswell.....Not!

B***ocks to the bloody Euro.

'Industry' is what pays your wages or your dole money mate, and no your fags and beer are not going to get any cheaper, but those who run over to the otherside of the channel for their fags and kerry-oot may find that it is not worth thir time because the French are going to really crank up their tobacco taxes.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Corydoras, the only "industry" that pays "my" wages is mine and the only difference the Euro will make to me is a bigger chunk of "stealth" taxes being removed from them.

What i'm trying to say is...will joe public have more cash in their pockets, better standard of living and better public services...NO

It will only serve to benefit fat cats and big business!

:rolleyes:

[ 11. June 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Apache:

I help my neighbour (a scaffolder) out, and also I do jobs on the farm where I fish.

Neither of which are going to help you much on the big break for freedom. I know this is maybe going to sound cheeky, but it is not meant to be but why don't you go back to school? In some respects I wish I had stayed on at school as I am sure I would have a much better (and better paid) job than I have now, on the otherhand I don't really have any regrets about leaving school at 16 and going to sea.

How good is your oral and written French?

I'll say it again in plainer terms.

If the Euro is now stronger against the Pound, why isn't it being used to buy more British goods instead of less, as the recently released figures suggest?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

aanthony:

Corydoras, the only "industry" that pays "my" wages is mine and the only difference the Euro will make to me is a bigger chunk of "stealth" taxes being removed from them.

What i'm trying to say is...will joe public have more cash in their pockets, better standard of living and better public services...NO

It will only serve to benefit fat cats and big business!

:rolleyes:

So your business exists as an entity on its own, and no matter what else happens to the UK economy it will have no effect on it? I'd love to have a business like that.

[ 16. June 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

corydoras:

So your business exists as an entity on its own, and no matter what else happens to the UK economy it will have no effect on it? I'd love to have a business like that.

Have you ever been in business?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

corydoras

That's exactly right, the UK economy does not dictate my work at all. :P

Funny....so many over inflated egos...so many people think they know better. :rolleyes:

[ 16. June 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.