Heres something to get you going.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959
Polly:

SH!T Heads!!!

Oh what big brave men they are (NOT!!!), Sicko's.

Nuff said do not want to waste any more of my life talking about the morons.

Please take the picture off this site they are a disgrace and should not be allowed to be published on here. PETA could have a field day with them by just saying "Look what we found on this Angling site"

This picture is NOT on AnglersNet!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Providing conservation of the species being hunted is monitored & kills are as quick & clean as possible, I have no problem with it.

Do you have any idea whether or not the hunters contribute significantly to the economy, is the hunting done on a culling basis rather than an assumed free for all. Unless you know exactly whats going on, your condemnation could be viewed as nothing more than moral arrogance.

Ferret, to call something sh1t when you're doing the same thing with different animals is puzzling to say the least. Admittedly, you may not be doing it for trophy shots, but would you do it if you didn't gain some enjoyment from it. You have to be very careful about imposing moralistic views on other people, it might come back to bite you in the a**e.

Such an excessive reply from Polly does'nt make me feel confident of any reasoned argument from that quarter.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Just the title of this thread alone was bound to stir emotions! :rolleyes:

Please keep this thread civil, or it will be locked and deleted, thanks.

i suppose its better than tethering sheep and firing arrows at it , having an inquisitive mind and inventing things is the only reason mankind survives :( take away our inventions (and advantages) like guns or spears and the tide is turned , lets have man verses lion or warthog and then see who holds the upper hand :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Odd argument Chesters, each animal uses its natural advantage to survive & possibly dominate if it can. We are no different. Our advantage is brainpower, the lions is immense strength, terrifying teeth & huge size.

Snag for the lion is our one superior quality is devastating. We can plan, build defenses & lastly create weapons far in excess of anything the animals can defend against. However, it's still the result of our natural advantage over the lions.

So the one to one is a poor example to me. All you've done is removed all our natural advantages & let the lion keep his, hardly a fair fight.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

That is how it used to be Chesters, and that is why man(and I do not include woman) invented weapons, to kill and not be killed.

That same ingenuity and hunter/killer instinct is what has made mankind so successful, okay we have our little skirmishes from time to time,and a few million or so end up dead, but that is the way of nature, and that is why many men still have the "hunting instinct"

Even so there is a strong case for saying that it is about time that man changed, and the horror expressed by some posters shows that for them at least that time has come.

So let us imagine that man has put aside all his killer instincts, does he then decide that all animals and birds and insects must do the same? All killing must stop?

My stand?? well I no longer shoot for pleasure, whether pests or otherwise, I still shoot the rats in my garden because I do not want them coming into my garage or greenhouse or shinning up the wall into my loft, but I am "getting old", I do not have the strong instincts like a younger man.

Oh for a perfect world, where all nature is in balance and all of Gods creatures are vegetarians (???)

Be very thankful for strong men with strong instincts who invented powerful weapons.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I really can't see what the great problem is here. What they are posing with are renewable resources and, one would assume, are a managed commodity.

If a country can gain financially from their wildlife management then good luck to them. What is the difference between these trophy shots and a picture of a dead salmon from the Tweed?

Polly:

Please take the picture off this site they are a disgrace and should not be allowed to be published on here. PETA could have a field day with them by just saying "Look what we found on this Angling site"

PETA and other such organisations actually have less complaint about hunting for food than they do about catch-and-release fishing.

We Brits are a strange lot. We complain that people who are anti-fishing obviously don't understand it, yet we rush to condemn people for hunting animals in another country where attitudes to hunting are completely different. Animals like those are a resource in those countries, and hunting them has gone on for generations and is a way of life. In most countries it is quite strictly controlled and does not involve any endangered species. It also brings much-needed employment and cash to the country. The animal will probably get eaten and it's probably died a more humane death than it would being persued by a pack of hyenas.

Personally the thought of killing animals like that is rather unpleasant, and like most of you I have never had even the slightest desire to do it and have difficulty even uderstanding the mindset of those that do. That does not however mean that I condemn it or demand that it should be stopped. It's what makes us all individuals after all, and if they want to spend a small fortune to stalk and shoot animals then so be it. If properly controlled and organised it does more good for the country than harm.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

its strange that the theory of evolution on the whole only applies to man :confused: (there are very small changes in other "beings" but mostly insignificant).

what if all animal life evolved at the same rate , in our distant past then we were the prey but our brains changed from auto functioning to thinking ahead (hence the guns etc nowadays) but if the other animals also evolved at the same rate we would be the trophies on the lions wall

it seems all other animal have stopped when they got to their station in life :confused:

if we are evolved from the apes why havent apes evolved.

i think we are lucky for this fluke in our heads i am not anti hunting (i have eaten lots of strange animals) but doing it for a picture is a bit strange , killing from a distance gives the animal no "sport" my point was it would seem much more macho to take the animal on on his terms than our own ,after all anyone can pull a trigger and drop an animal 1/2 a mile away , is it sport :confused:

surely not for the animal :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson