Problem with shot

TrevBoy

I use Anchor double shot and just pinch it on with my ageing digits. I only lose the occasional one, but did that with lead shot anyway

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Not had to much trouble with todays shot but do tend to favour loaded wagglers, less shot around base of float = less tangles.

Down the line (waggler fishing) I use no 8 or 9 prestons slip shot or stots in small bunches to resemble (weight wise) bigger shot.

Again, a bunch of small shot = less tangles (line does not wrap over/around/under smaller shot like it does with bigger ones) and easier to cast.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

All,

Sort of an FYI.

The following materials are significantly denser than water and used as weights for fishing:

• Glass (2.6 g per cubic centimeter)

• Aluminum (2.7)

• Tin (7.3) Dinsmore

• Steel (7.9)

• Brass (8.7)

• Nickel (8.8)

• Lead (11.3)

• Tungsten (19.3 grams per cubic centimeter; 17-19 in alloyed form). Nearly twice as heavy as lead.

Just my own opinion. I suspect ALL heavy metals may have a negative affect/effect on the environment.

I've been using this design

Split-Shot.gif

Phone

I had some shot very much like that not too long ago. I think they might have been Okuma. Handy in larger sizes for sure.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Yep, Dinsmore's shot does that . Anchor is a bit softer, you can pinch it on that much more, and it pings off less often.

A small price to pay for a good fish ? Hmmm, have you checked shot prices recently ? SSG works out at over half a dollar each !

Fortunately, I sometimes fish club lakes early morning before the day shift gets there - find lots of discarded rigs, with plenty

of shot of all sizes attached - the members must be made of money !

Great post Dave.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I hate loaded wagglers; they are too heavily weighted for my liking. almost sinking just with their own weights let alone adding more to help bait drop or adjust bite sensitivity

Dont have this problem with Drennan or Middy floats. They need shotting (capacity on float) apart from some of the middy up in the water no shot required ones.

You can also make your own wagglers/sliders loaded by wrapping lead or copper wire around the base.

RUDD

to be fair its probably just me! LOL!

my shotting pattern is nothing like what would be considered the norm for todays fisherman!

I usually use a 4bb float with 2 locking shot and one drop shot....that's it! LOL

cant be arsed with applying hundreds of shot down the line and spacing them out and fiddling about with tiny tiny shots etc etc

to be fair its probably just me! LOL!

my shotting pattern is nothing like what would be considered the norm for todays fisherman!

I usually use a 4bb float with 2 locking shot and one drop shot....that's it! LOL

cant be arsed with applying hundreds of shot down the line and spacing them out and fiddling about with tiny tiny shots etc etc

I have tried putting a no 13 on a pole rig and I mean TRIED!

RUDD