Yank (ie. Bush) go home!

cramer-carter

How nice to see that over 10,000,000 people around the world have marched to say that that prat George Bush should stick his war where it hurts!

American Imperialism is going to do us all a lot of harm unless it is controlled.

The last thing the world needs is another right-wing nutter trying to take over the world! We had enough of that with Hitler...

What a shame Britain are sucking up to him though.

And good on France and the others EU countries for saying no.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cramer-carter - sorry but whatever you think of current US policy, you got it wrong.

quote:

im·pe·ri·al·ism (ĭm-pîr'ē-ə-lĭz'əm)

n.

The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.

We don't want the real estate. We don't want to operate any 3rd world sand pile. Even if we should decide to turn the sand into a large expanse of glass and paint it as a parking lot, we'd still not want it for ourselves.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have to agree with Newt, sorry, but its true,

They don't want to own this place they just want to remove a dangerous man from power and people like him will not listen to order,

just look at the missiles they found why would you want to make them go furthur unless you are planning to use them.

He needs removing and i feel that anything that is required should be done.

However i do think that it needs UN backing and i think some of the European countries are just feeling left out and insugniicant so that is why they are kicking up a fuss.

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

War is a dirty horrible thing to have to happen but if the current escalation of nutcases throughout the world hell bent on murdering innocent people are left unchecked then I feel only the inevitable chemical/biological/nuclear attack on one of our cities will change public opinion. I can't help feeling that we, Joe Public, know very little about a very real and unimaginably horrible threat to our cosy lives which Tony and George are only too aware of.

Paul

I reckon that even if Saddam opened up and allowed the WI to see everything he has, good or bad, Bush still wouldn't go home without having a war to remove Saddam.

And that's been my concern from day one.

Bush isn't interested in enforcing the UN resolution 1441 for its real purpose.

It's simply his ticket to get into Iraq for his own purposes.

He doesn't care what the WI find Saddam has by way of weapons.

Because Bush already knows Iraq have nothing by way of significant weaponry

He just wants Saddam out of Iraq so that his own US agenda is able to unfold.

But Bush knows that's illegal and that's why he's pushing so hard to get in there under the guise of enforcing resolution 1441 before the WI end up finishing the job and bringing the matter to a close. Thus firmly closing the door shut to Iraq and preventing Bush from entering without breaking International law.

Thankfully, the UN aren't anywhere near as simple minded as the Bush administration takes them for, and are well aware of the Bush agenda. Hence the reason they'd rather continue with WI than opt for military action.

But Iraq isn't safe in the hands of Saddam.

He'll have to box clever if he wants to get through this tricky mine field.

Timing is crucial. - If he leaves it too late to offer more to the WI, then the UN may have no alternative but to agree with Bush and that (in my view) will mark the beginning of Armageddon in the ME.

Eventually, Saddam is going to have to allow the WI to see everything that Iraq has.

In that way, Saddam gets to stay where he is, there's no war and Iraq can be monitored periodically by weapons inspectors forever and a day.

We may well consider that to be hard on the people of Iraq, but then, their fate isn't in the hands of the outside world when there has been no 'real' human cry from official human rights organisations, the UN or the Iraqi people themselves for a regime change.

The claims of Saddam's crimes against humanity are based on his actions in 1988 against the Iraqi Kurds where both Iraq and Iran used chemical weapons during that conflict which has left the issue clouded in uncertainties. And the more obvious claims that he murders any opposition to his position as ruler of Iraq. If there is more truth than propaganda in those claims, then it's up to International law to bring him to trial for his crimes, not under some other pretext, as is the case at present.

A despot he may be. A man guilty of crimes against humanity he may be. An undesirable character in the eyes of the West he may be. A man of uneven temper he may be. But without an International law to remove him, he's there until the Iraqi people decide otherwise.

But we all know Bush can't go home empty handed. He's spent millions upon millions of US dollars that the US economy will be expecting back in the treasury A.S.A.P.

One thing is blatantly obvious to me.

Saddam is by far the best chess player sat at the table playing two games at once.

On the one hand he's blocking the UN advance with every move.

On the other hand he's coaxing Bush further and further in, until Bush believes he's about to check mate Saddam, only to find that Saddam has already made alternative and gainful moves with the UN without Bush ever knowing.

To explain that in plain English, it's simply this.

He's run the UN around in circles knowing full well they're a toothless tiger and that to take military action would cause more problems in the already unstable Middle East, that even the most pig headed of UN members would want to avoid at all cost.

That was, until Bush junior got the hot seat in the US.

That's when Saddam had to re-think his strategy and create an alternative game plan.

And boy, can that slippery little **** house rat Saddam, think on his feet or what?

Impressive moves.

He's managed to portray himself as the victim and Bush as the aggressor.

He's professed Iraq's innocence of having WMD and defied the UN/US or whoever to prove otherwise.

In no time at all, the world began to ask the same of the UN and more especially, the US.

Only to find that the UN had no evidence and that the US were prepared to fabricate evidence in order to fulfil their own agenda.

Saddam must have smiled from ear to ear on hearing that news.

His game plan was (and still is) working a treat.

Bush, being the worst player at the table makes every move as obvious as the last.

In fact, it's criminal how easy he makes it for others to see what his next move will be.

Saddam has been ready with a counter move on every occasion and he's won every time.

When Bush is screaming that he's running out of patience and that military action will happen with or without UN approval, Saddam gives in to the UN just a little more. Never allowing the WI to see everything all at once, never giving more than is necessary to stop the Bush advance, who then looks and sounds like a deranged warmonger with an illegal agenda to take control of Iraqi oil. An issue that Saddam has played on to great effect.

And on a relevant note that allows use to be aware of such facts, I have this to say:

Many millions of people all around the world have become far more interested in politics over the last 10 to 15 years and the way in which their respective governments operate.

At one time, the electorate was nothing more than a hand licking mutt that would never think to bite the hand that feeds it. Today however, through years of neglect, that self same ankle rubber has now become a full grown rabid bitch that doesn't take kindly to what's on the menu.

Like any discerning diner, we've developed an appetite for the fine quality, rather than the usual force feeding of political tripe.

We no longer accept and swallow all that appeared on the old menu of;

'Gobble-de-Gook' for a starter,

'Blatant Bullshit' for a main course,

'Lies with a straight face' for dessert.

Where we once respectfully requested explanations, we now DEMAND answers.

Like the Royals, politicians made the unholy mistake of showing that they were human and that they could be harmed by the media who are always willing (for the sake of making a profit) to act as a public 'stick' with which to beat such people and in so doing, they quench the thirst of their readers with endless exposures of anyone from the local postman, to the Queen of England without so much as a '"By your leave."

In short, we don't swallow bullshit any longer. DEMAND the truth.

blair wont take the slightest interest in any peacefull protest march :( think of it if it was a million people thats less than a 55th of the population ) if 55 million people paraded infront of him he still wouldnt take notice :( but if 1 million people had a riot and burnt half of london he would not because he and his cronies care less for us but they DO care about their own images , i fortell scenes like the last time labour were in power , as usuall politicians (of any creed) are only interested in themselves and whats in it for themselves ,we the "little" people dont enter the equasion only when the polititions faced with the dole queu ( or a nice job in in industry as a chairman ) :mad: will they take note.

as for the suddern interest in turning the asylem seekers away its not because we are being innundated its because a few of them may be plotting harm against THEM ,as for us we are considered too stupid to think never mind show what WE want :mad:

[ 16. February 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson