Yank (ie. Bush) go home!

cramer-carter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shiite

we have a nest of sunni moslems up the road not only do they not pay council tax (the complete nest is called a "religeous" sect 23 families at the mo) one is also a parish councilor they are doing VERY well for themselves :)

[ 16. February 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

cheaper petrol :D:D:D not when the government gets more money out of it

when our friends up the road are having a "do" the village residents are forbidden to drive down sheephatch lane ( where "islamabad" their sects land is called) we lived down sheephatch lane for ten years we were always told to move on ,the only way to our house other than the road was a muddy track , despite repeated calls to the police it was ignored :mad: as i say they do VERY well

[ 16. February 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yoxer:

Quotes 1 to 3 wernt mine Newt . Quote 4 was and please accept my humble appologies , I may have forgot that yanks dont appreciate reasonable debate.

I knew they werent. But they were what you called propaganda. However, after the above I looked up the word and your usage was correct

quote:

Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

I had really thought the information had to be skewed or systematically presented to be propaganda but evidently not. So my bad there.

And I certainly have no objections to good debate. My objection there was to several very loaded phrases you'd used that IMO have no real place if open debate is what you want. Examples with the portion I consider loaded/pejorative are in italics:

"reasonable debate instead of spouting propaganda"

"You warmongers"

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

see there not all bad :D

Yeah I know that Chesters :)

I gave the poster of that quote chance to explain his/her reasoning behind it . Perhaps he/she will later. Until then I have no idea what to call someone advocating war other than a warmonger.

"There is no way of stopping the threat of terrorism,"

No there isnt agreed , and just why do you think we have the threat of terrorism eh ????????

Would yoiu care to inform us of the threat of terrorism coming from Iraq ???????

Yoxer, I feel that you don't have to put yur point of view so forcfully. As you can see from my previous posts i also am against war for oil in iraq. However, the debate must be carried out in a reasoned manner. I know you feel strongly in the arguments you put forward but so do others.

Lets keep the peace.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

As yet Peter I'm still waiting for a debate , if you think I'm putting my views forcably then what do you concider the US/UK is about to do .....drop rose petals on Irqa ?

So far we have not one scrap of evidence that Irqa has any wms

So far we have no information that Iraq is either harbouring terrorists or is about to plan a terrorist attack .