2 piece rods

Hooker

Hi all

I recently hit the beach with my 2 pc Daiwa SandStorm - while the rod performed well, chucking the lead about nicely and I even landed a couple of tiddly school bass (8 inches being the largest), I had two little glitches with the rod-

1. I couldn't get the pieces to sit flush against each other- I had a gap of +- 1/4 inch and try as I might it simply wouldn't go.

2. When packing up, I struggled my **** off trying to get the rod apart, despite the gap! After 15 minutes of grunting, cursing and a red face they eventually popped apart.

Is there anything I can do to make this easier, besides getting a gym membership?

It's a bit of a catch 22 really- on one hand I know the rod isn't going to fly apart on casting, but at the same time I'd like to be able to pack up with giving myself a hernia to the great amusement of those sharing the beach! :blink:

Cheers

**must remind myself to post some pics of my little fishies**

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

easy dont push them on so tight ,theres supposed to be a gap its the bit allowed for your joints to wear thinner ,just push one into the other until theres resistance and thats it ,if it doesnt rattle when you wobble the rod its tight.

and keep those ends out of the sand otherwise it will sandpaper the joint for you wearing it out far quicker ,wash them after use ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

easy dont push them on so tight ,theres supposed to be a gap its the bit allowed for your joints to wear thinner ,just push one into the other until theres resistance and thats it ,if it doesnt rattle when you wobble the rod its tight.

and keep those ends out of the sand otherwise it will sandpaper the joint for you wearing it out far quicker ,wash them after use ;)

:D You beat me to it Chesters. :D

Guest sandpipper

Hi, in the 80`s i used to work in a tackle shop and the amount of times we had people hold their rods upright and tap them on the floor was unreal, the way i got them apart was to put the rod at the back of your knees then bend down a bit put your hands to the side of your knees take a good grip and use your legs to seperate the two parts, try it and you`ll find it works.

ps i thank Jack Hargreaves for this trick

Tony

Yeah I can confirm the gooc old Jack Hargreaves trick for me otherwise the candle treatment.

Thanks guys- have been experimenting and she's now popping like a tube of pringles after a good rub of a graphite pencil and the Hargreaves move- was like playing solo twister there for a while but I got it in the end :)

Am off to Hythe tomorrow for a bit of spinning, bouyed by my new ability to pack up my kit without fear ;)

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)