Hypnosis?

doc_tench

Do you know anybody who has been Hypnotised do you believe in it?

I did not until last year when my wife was hypnotised, she was under for at least 2 hours infront of a large audience.One of the strangest things she did was to talk clear and fluent Japanese of which for the following 2 weeks (we were on holiday in spain) i was constantly asked if she had ever learnt it, she offcoarse hadn't.

After the usual cutting down of contestants from about 30 to 3 on stage i knew then she was well under.

One of the funniest moments was when all three were told that the mother-in-law was walking on the other side of the road and they were asked to wave to her, one contestant waved happily the other waved reluctantly and my wife stuck two fingers up! :D (the strange thing is they get on realy well they realy do :confused: ) it brought the house down my daughter(13) "oh god" i am embarrassed my 16 old son was on the floor in fits of laughter and i guess i was too!

At the end they were told that they will wake up and go back to there families but when this music played(James Bond Theme Tune)they would get up and dive between the tables with make believe guns, well my wife came back to our table and i said are you OK yes she said how long have i been asleep and then the music played and off she went around all the tables and me and my son hit the floor again in fits :D

What i find scary now is that my wife gets her 4 and 5's the wrong way round on 50% of the time and it has been happening ever since she was hypnotised :confused:

She said i will never do it again it was too much and too scary!

What i failed to say was that i was one of the ones who were originally picked to go in the audience at the start and was very close to going under i felt myself "dropping off" but opened my eyes at the last moment and thought "NO way" and was told to sit back in the audience.

What powers these guys must have, very scary indeed. :)

little onions:

I was hypnotised two years ago and regressed into previous lives. The tapes were fascinating. I don't think the experience left any lasting effects though my family would probably disagree! :D

Previous lives!! This sounds fascinating will you tell us more :)

little onions:

I'd be happy to tell you more, but not on a open forum, Chesters and Mr. Roper would have a field day at my expense :D Would you like me to send a P.M.?

Thats up to you "little onions", after my wife was hypnotised i have been looking into the phenomenon of it all and find it interesting and sometimes amusing.

If you wish to send it then please do and you have my promise as a "Gentleman" :rolleyes: that the "Nasty and wicked" Chesters and Mr Roper will here nothing of it.

:D

If you dont then no offense taken :)

quote:

I was hypnotised two years ago and regressed into previous lives. The tapes were fascinating. I don't think the experience left any lasting effects though my family would probably disagree!

regression has been proved to be unreliable and maybe downright dangerouse , several "regressors " have been found "implanting" memories , a woman went in about a dream and came out crying her father had molested her ,luckily the "regressor" wasnt up to spec and the lies were seen through ,unfortunatly there are far more clever "regressors "out there :mad: any one found to do "mind" manipulation that isnt medically trained should be imprisoned ,signed napoleon V

even stranger most people that have regressed find themselves in their past lives as " lady in waiting to queen elizabeth 1" or " count bloggs of welling" or " king dicks chancellor" very few find themselves as night soil operatives or cheif winkle winkler :confused:

[ 26. June 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

quote:

I was hypnotised two years ago and regressed into previous lives. The tapes were fascinating. I don't think the experience left any lasting effects though my family would probably disagree!

regression has been proved to be unreliable and maybe downright dangerouse , several "regressors " have been found "implanting" memories , a woman went in about a dream and came out crying her father had molested her ,luckily the "regressor" wasnt up to spec and the lies were seen through ,unfortunatly there are far more clever "regressors "out there :mad: any one found to do "mind" manipulation that isnt medically trained should be imprisoned ,signed napoleon V

even stranger most people that have regressed find themselves in their past lives as " lady in waiting to queen elizabeth 1" or " count bloggs of welling" or " king dicks chancellor" very few find themselves as night soil operatives or cheif winkle winkler :confused:

In many genuine cases a profession is never worked out as the mind is cut up and is full of different images and occasions that it is extremely hard to find out what the profession was.

On many occasions they will re-live a scene like an old naval battle and cry out in pain as they were hit by a broadside as the splinters entered into them only to find that they had watched "Battle of Trafalger" 5 days before .

The "Highwayman" is another common one they start to suffer and find they cannott breath as the noose starts to tighten around there neck.

But i think there are genuine ones out there and only you know yourself whether you are genuine because if you are not perhaps you do need help in another way

as with mediums its all toss ,there is a law to stop it but unfortunatly its never used , Mr Randi has offered $1,000,000 dollers to ANYONE that can prove "phsycic (sp?) " powers ,no one has succeeded , its just con merchants preying on the feeble minded :) even religeon is a trick of the mind ,a part of the brain has been found that if stimulated the owner of the brain gets a "religeous" inkling , religeous fanatics obviasly have large easily stimulated "god boxes" :) god IS a figment of our amagination :)

hypnotism is obviasly "worded" to stimulate a place in our mind with auto suggestion, those that have an easily stimulated mind become "sonambulistic (sp?), i cannot see some strange entertainer muttering a few words and making a few magic like waves of his hands effecting everyone ,therefore is it cant work on everyone it doesnt exist :)

its a bit like those silly indians going into a steam hut ,downing a few leaves and listening to some smelly old witch doctor chanting for hours , ANYONE would think they were an eagle or bear ,its the minds way of escaping from that mumbling cretin

[ 27. June 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson