Can we go to war.

Colin Brett

When you've got the likes of normally 'loose cannons' amongst Labour rebels such as Ann Clwyd telling us as it is and it is time to get Saddam sorted then that speaks volumes for me.

Paul

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When you've got the likes of normally 'loose cannons' amongst Labour rebels such as Ann Clwyd telling us as it is and it is time to get Saddam sorted then that speaks volumes for me."

how sensible of you to accept anothers views on going to war. Its getting embarrising Tinca , the internet is full of information , try doing a bit of research and not being influenced by the propaganda of either side before reaching conclusions, that if put into practice will effect not only your life but that of generations to come

The latest quote from the white house on Iraqs pledge to destroy their rockets ..."propaganda wrapped in a lie inside a falsehood".

Lol well. They should know what they are talking about. That sentence describes pretty well everything we hear from the White House.Bush has proved time and time again to be telling lies and fabricating evidence ( links were supplied in the other thread to this , and can be again if required )

Guest sslatter
yoxer:

lmao Tinka , I dont give a stuff for either Sadam or Iraq or the people of Iraq . What I do give a stuff about is all the absolute hypocracy and crap properganda that both blair and bush think we are so dumb as to swallow.

Interesting. But I don't quite get it... So you don't give a stuff about Saddam or the Iraqi people? Only about politicians' hypocrisy?

So...if Bush and Blair came out and said something like: "We want to keep a stable foothold in the Middle East, and the Saddam Hussein regime is threatening this and our business interests in the area...so we are going to go in and kill him, replacing him with our own choice of leader" that would be alright by you, would it?

If that was so tradgic I would be rollin the floor laughing Graham, please tell me how you reckon this is going to " keep a stable foothold in the middle east "

Egyptians rally against war

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/2804859.stm

At least 100,000 people have attended an angry rally against any war with Iraq at a stadium in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.

"With our blood, with our souls, we will sacrifice ourselves for you, Iraq," the crowd chanted as they brandished thousands of placards backing Baghdad and denouncing US President George W Bush and Israel.

Guest sslatter
yoxer:

If that was so tradgic I would be rollin the floor laughing Graham, please tell me how you reckon this is going to " keep a stable foothold in the middle east "

I wasn't suggesting that it would. I don't think that it would in the long-term. You've jumped to the wrong conclusion, assuming that these are my 'opinions'. They are not. It was a hypothetical scenario designed to try to get to the bottom of your anger, seeing as you 'don't give a damn about Saddam, Iraq, or the Iraqis'.

So okay...let me rephrase the hypothetical statement. What if Bush and Blair were to come out and say something like: "We want to TRY to protect our business foothold in the Middle East, and Saddam Hussein's presence in Iraq is not conducive to our longer-term globalisation strategy, so we want to go in, kill him, and replace him with someone who is more friendly towards our aims." Would that be okay by you?

[ 01. March 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

quote:

At least 100,000 people have attended an angry rally against any war with Iraq at a stadium in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.

"With our blood, with our souls, we will sacrifice ourselves for you, Iraq," the crowd chanted as they brandished thousands of placards backing Baghdad and denouncing US President George W Bush and Israel.

And your point is? We should be afraid of this? We should conduct our policy on the basis of this protest? I'm a bit lost....

No , it wouldnt Graham

And your point is? We should be afraid of this? We should conduct our policy on the basis of this protest? I'm a bit lost....

you would be foolish not to be afraid , have you any idea why so many people in this world detest US policies ?

Yoxer? There are countless millions that hold US foreign policy in disdain. I`m usually one of them. I dislike their economic policies even less. Especially when they threaten the `Free World` with trade sanctions if we dare threaten the profits of any US company.

But as much as I deplore their hand in the Chile debacle, when they provided support for Pinochet to overthrow the legal government of Allende. I have to say, that it is about time that Sadaam was ousted. By whatever means it takes.

I just wish `Fuhrer Blair` was as staunch on the cod debate!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!