How's everyone getting on?

Anderoo

Chris what you up to the weekend after next as mrs is off to Brighton to catch up with an old mate so we could take the boat out and terrorise the other boat traffic and thrash keith at snooker again.

Tbh most of my trips are just impromptu ones wherever we end up moored and not really been into it ,Get a bivvy and we can try the bits we spoke about after we have baited it.....the best time for the rivers is yet to come Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Despite my pre and early season excitement my enthusiasm has dropped somewhat as well (maybe it's the unusual weather we are having!) No Barbel have been landed yet, despite my best efforts, which has dampened my spirits. A pb chub is the highlight so far and my morning on Speen moors with fairly consistant bites. Have done some stillwater fishing but it just doesn't interest me anymore :yawn:

Hopefully as Autumn draws in things will change a bit, although a new arrival end of October will make sessions shorter and far less often!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Enthusiastic but a mixed season on a number of counts. Early tenching was worse than rubbish on our pits and more recent tenching on Frensham in prefect conditions coincided with a spectacular tenchy shagfest - so they weren't really very interested in feeding! Like Rusty I've had some nice short trotting sessions - tons of dace with the odd surprise barbel that I failed to get to the net on light tackle. No barbel yet on the leger after a couple of blank sessions on the Kennet. And we've now lost our bit at Padworth.

Targeting bream on the Thames near Pangbourne saw me with 15 one evening, blank another and one single massive fish on the third. In a usually very consistent spot - and similar conditions - very frustrating. Some roach showing though recently which gave me food for (trotting) thought.

Off to try for barbel on the Loddon tonight - might get lucky. I think they spawned late, maybe they are feeding now?

M

Hardly any fishing done. I would normally do a lot of evening fishing over the summer, but we've got a new puppy which can't be left alone for any length of time and my wife has been working silly hours lately. So I'm stuck at home muttsitting!

Steve as soon as he is jabbed up bring him along fpor a sesh that way it`s no biggy latter on when you wan`t to ,will confirm Saturday when I have spoken to swmbo .
Cheers Steve, definitely hoping to make it over at the weekend!

Enthusiastic but a mixed season on a number of counts. Early tenching was worse than rubbish on our pits and more recent tenching on Frensham in prefect conditions coincided with a spectacular tenchy shagfest - so they weren't really very interested in feeding! Like Rusty I've had some nice short trotting sessions - tons of dace with the odd surprise barbel that I failed to get to the net on light tackle. No barbel yet on the leger after a couple of blank sessions on the Kennet. And we've now lost our bit at Padworth.

Targeting bream on the Thames near Pangbourne saw me with 15 one evening, blank another and one single massive fish on the third. In a usually very consistent spot - and similar conditions - very frustrating. Some roach showing though recently which gave me food for (trotting) thought.

Off to try for barbel on the Loddon tonight - might get lucky. I think they spawned late, maybe they are feeding now?

M

Matt well done how big was the big Bream out of interest?? Got a bus pass to take the boat oput weekend 17th/18th if you and your lad fancy a trip out? as Alex is of to Brighton for the weekend

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Funny, I'm the same this year, hardly any enthusiasm at all. When I do force myself to go I don't really enjoy it. Hopefully the autumn and winter will be decent weather and I can get stuck into something, but until then I'm really not feeling it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Cheers Steve, definitely hoping to make it over at the weekend!

Steve we are heading out to where I mentioned on the kennet if you want to come and find us Saturady ,the swing bridge is out for the car park but I can give you distructions to navigate there another way there.

What else has he eaten out of interest??? :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Funny, I'm the same this year, hardly any enthusiasm at all. When I do force myself to go I don't really enjoy it. Hopefully the autumn and winter will be decent weather and I can get stuck into something, but until then I'm really not feeling it.

Anderoo actualy find myself looking forward to freezing my bits off with a bit of winter chubbing...also hoping for a perch fest in the Autumn and hope to try a bit of winter Piking out Steve`s way on some pits .

You having a go for the Zeds?? Rusty and myself may well be interested how soon do they open the booking for boats??

Made up my mind to do a bit more heavy lure casting this season.

A couple of double figure pike and an aching right arm are the results so far.

Made up my mind to watch more Test cricket as from tomorrow.

Edited by Vagabond
  • Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

M

Matt well done how big was the big Bream out of interest?? Got a bus pass to take the boat oput weekend 17th/18th if you and your lad fancy a trip out? as Alex is of to Brighton for the weekend

Hi Steve,

The 15 bream were between 6.5 and 9.8 mostly high 8s. The bream on its own was bigger, but no scales that evening unfortunately. - I suspect it was a PB and over the magic 10. I do have the boys that weekend - I'll give you a call after I have spoken to them and see if we can slot into your itinerary - very kind offer - thanks! M