How's everyone getting on?

Anderoo

As I mentioned in my 'where to fish today' topic, I've barely fished since March. How has your season gone so far? Any fun days, significant fish, or tales of woe to report?

September is now in sight and the nights are starting to pull in...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Been on a weeks fishing holiday, nowt special. Got a week booked down the broads the end of this month. Not worth fishing up here, WHY, because there's nowt around me, got to travel for an hour or so for pond fishing, ( dont like it much, ) prefer rivers.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Earlier in the year I had some great sessions on still waters catching rudd, roach, perch and tench on the float. Some of the rudd went over 2 1/2lb, perch up to 2 1/2lb and tincas up to 7 1/2lb. Since the rivers re-opend most of my fishing has been trotting and I've had some good sessions catching plenty of dace, a few roach (one large roach but unweighed) but quite a few chub and even more barbel. I had a day ledgering last week when the water had risen catching approx 20 barbel with three topping 10lb. I'm hoping to get out trotting today, it's just that frackin sun is burnin out my brain, I just can't seem to cope with the sun and heat this year.

Up to now it's been a far better year than last year...catch wise that is.

Hardly any fishing done. I would normally do a lot of evening fishing over the summer, but we've got a new puppy which can't be left alone for any length of time and my wife has been working silly hours lately. So I'm stuck at home muttsitting!

I have not caught much this year but other then some spring Tench fishing that was remarkably unsuccessful I have done very little fishing this season. Ever so often I tend to go through a period when I just dont feel particularly motivated. I think a dissapointing Tench season back to back with my worst ever Pike river season (1 Pike in 9 trips)and a Zander campaign up at Wyboston that produced no Zander my interest has dulled a little.

The last few weekends I have had good intentions of going out and doing a Saturday night after cats but just cant raise the enthusiasm to sort my gear and go. At the moment I think I am enjoying doing all the things I dont get a chance to do when I am actively fishing alot. I know this lack of interest will just be temporary until some thing sparks my imagination and I pour lots of time and effort in to it. I have applied for a Winter Bury Hill ticket for the first time and so plan to spend plenty of time there day fishing for Zeds this Autumn/Winter which I am really looking forward to but currently nothing is grabbing my attention much.

I did catch a couple of nice eels at the Wingham Fish-In but the fact that they stand out shows what sort of year I have had. If I was fishing for the pot and had to survive on what I caught, I would be a rake by now and from my starting point that would be quite some weight loss :-)

Roll on Autumn.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

i've only managed one out of three planned trips ,and then only managed to land small fish ,all the big ones getting away due to a combination of being surounded by lilly beds ,poor line strength (only using 8lbs line) ,tench too clever and being a bit out of practice .

i'm hoping to get a couple more trips in before winter ,maybe a few early saturday raids in before work on my local rivers .i was going to go fishing this weekend as i've saturday off but .its my best chance to get to build a new work room ,or rather move my current one from the attic back too the box room ,as we're paying extra for it ,i'm going too use it .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

One session so far, 2 carp and a roach. Nothing to write home about. Going on Saturday for a week with son and his mate. Will report if anything worthwhile is caught

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I’ve been out a few times but I’m suffering from a lack of enthusiasm for angling and need a change of scenery. Whereas I used to enjoy planning a whole day out my trips this season have tended to be a couple of hours trotting here and there, still pleasant but a bit samey and not really blog worthy.

Tigger has kindly invited me up to his neck of the woods for some barbel fishing and I’ll be up there like a shot as soon as my workload can accommodate a long weekend. I’m hoping that an expedition to somewhere different will re-kindle my enthusiasm, the Kennet just isn’t doing it for me at the moment (compounded by the loss of a good venue).

This all sounds a bit miserable but it’s how I feel about angling right now, I need to broaden my horizons to get some variety back in it, different rivers in particular I think……..might even buy a bivvy.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Hardly any fishing done. I would normally do a lot of evening fishing over the summer, but we've got a new puppy which can't be left alone for any length of time and my wife has been working silly hours lately. So I'm stuck at home muttsitting!

Steve as soon as he is jabbed up bring him along fpor a sesh that way it`s no biggy latter on when you wan`t to ,will confirm Saturday when I have spoken to swmbo .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I’ve been out a few times but I’m suffering from a lack of enthusiasm for angling and need a change of scenery. Whereas I used to enjoy planning a whole day out my trips this season have tended to be a couple of hours trotting here and there, still pleasant but a bit samey and not really blog worthy.

Tigger has kindly invited me up to his neck of the woods for some barbel fishing and I’ll be up there like a shot as soon as my workload can accommodate a long weekend. I’m hoping that an expedition to somewhere different will re-kindle my enthusiasm, the Kennet just isn’t doing it for me at the moment (compounded by the loss of a good venue).

This all sounds a bit miserable but it’s how I feel about angling right now, I need to broaden my horizons to get some variety back in it, different rivers in particular I think……..might even buy a bivvy.

Chris what you up to the weekend after next as mrs is off to Brighton to catch up with an old mate so we could take the boat out and terrorise the other boat traffic and thrash keith at snooker again.

Tbh most of my trips are just impromptu ones wherever we end up moored and not really been into it ,Get a bivvy and we can try the bits we spoke about after we have baited it.....the best time for the rivers is yet to come Steve

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: