Bad Service Floats-Direct

floats-direct

In reply to subject Cr*p Service Floats Direct

16/01/2004

In the last half of 2003 floats direct accepted, handled and successfully delivered 17,284 orders

I am only aware on 26 complaints on service and delivery times some of which were due to the United Kingdoms Postal Strike

The 2 forum members who on the 16/01/2004 aired their complaints within this forum who in my opinion are more than entitled to do so have not invited my reply or my defence, here it is anyway

One of the forum members concerned was completely factual in their complaint and one was not.

Floats-Direct responded to emails received concerning the incorrect size forceps being sent in error to "wotnobivvy" and have records of only 3 emails received here

In addition Floats Direct made a full order refund to the mentioned gentleman

Details below

Transactions Subscriptions File Manager Virtual Terminal

Technical Support Change Password Pay Bill Log out

Site Reference : floatsdirect5752 Transaction Reference (e.g 7-9-123):

Transaction Ref 16-3-14031

Transaction Time 2003-10-23 17:42:04

Payment card **** **** **** ****

Type Refund: CardHolder not present

Currency Code GBP

Amount 4.29

Auth Result 1

Auth Code REFUND ACCEPTED

Confidence 0

Customer Ro//rt * Sp****

Cardholder Address

Cardholder Town

Cardholder County

Cardholder Country United Kingdom

Cardholder Postcode RG** 7**

Cardholder Email bob******@ntlworld.com

Cardholder Telephone

CC Number ////

Order Ref RS_7WF20000881

Order Info Refund 12/08/2003

Settle Status 100

Due to settle

Settled Time 2003-10-24 02:13:44

Settle Amount 4.29

Settled 4.29

Parent Transaction 12-3-206203

Transaction Ref 16-3-14031

I feel that some of the gentleman’s comments were incorrect and to omit the fact of a full refund

made to him on 2003-10-23 was to say the least, not telling the whole story

It is not humanly possible to run a mail order company that does not make mistakes, has orders lost in the post or suffer from the occasional postal strike

However I feel it is humanly possible for someone prepared to make open forum comments concerning my company to tell it how it is, with all the facts laid bear, and not to omit some of the information like a full refund and an apology

As well as prompt reply to communication received here

Enough said from me

Kindest regards

Roger Jenkins

Floats-Direct

Fair play to you Floats Direct for comming on and defending your service.Fact of buisness I suppose is that the vast majority of satisfied people do not comment but the vast majority of dissatisfied do!However as the amount of "cockups" are so small it never hurts to go that little bit extra to placate them!Good luck with your buisness.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I ordered some stuff from Floats Direct, it took a while to come (postal strike) and when it arrived the order was completely wrong, I didnt recieve half of what I ordered and what did arrive was charged at over double the advertised price.

After sending an angry email to Rodger, not only did I recieve a reply within 30mins but he not only appologised but told me to keep the items he had sent out and he refunded my credit card in full, I was very happy with that so much so that I re-ordered what items were missing, they arrived quickly and everything was 100% correct.

I will continue to use them for future orders as their customer service is 2nd to none.

I live 50-60miles from a decent tackle shop so 99% of my gear comes mail order, I have made many orders over the years from many places, Floats Direct is one of the best I've ever dealt with.

Scott.

See my comments on the original post. The refund arrived on the 19th Jan 2004. I also sent emails (that were not rejected) about every 2 weeks. Just to put the record straight, I was offered a refund, followed by

Did the forceps arrive ?? This is beginning to get a bit annoying, nearly 5 months

">>> "Floats-Direct" <floats-direct@jerseymail.co.uk> 15/10/03 18:29:25 >>>

Bob

in on Monday from , yes ,, china

will send on to you next week"

But nothing after this.

It seems strange that emails go missing for such a long time then suddenly arrive

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

• 2 weeks later...

However I feel it is humanly possible for someone prepared to make open forum comments concerning my company to tell it how it is, with all the facts laid bear, and not to omit some of the information like a full refund and an apology

Facts .....

OK ... Where is my order (MH_9JL20001270)? I have been waiting two weeks now ... have emailed you six times to which you have replied only once saying "should be with you, we have sent the order with no problems". Helpful eh?

Just in case you don't read your emails I have asked for this order to be cancelled and my CC to be credited.

I will post on here whether this occurs or not.

Fact.

• 5 months later...