Performance Manifolds

Elton

Bit of a long shot this, but what the heck...

Had a bit of a problem today. Took my car into the garage, where a second hand (been on a car only a few months) RC Developments tubular manifold was waiting to be fitted. However, the guys at the garage noticed that it had a crack in it, so it's gone straight back. That's put me off buying a brand new one of the same type, too.

Therefore, I'm trying to find what's available online, either new or second hand, but not having much luck.

My car is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 GSR. It's fitted with a Blitz Nur-Spec R exhaust with an HKS front pipe and extension kit. It's at about 300bhp right now and I want to get the 'exit' side of things spot on before working on the induction side. The brakes will also be upgraded soon.

I either want to get a performance manifold that will fit in with that, or go for a bigger second hand turbo and manifold complete. However, I don't want to throw away any of the parts listed above, as they weren't cheap.

HKS do the mother of all manifolds, but at £1,000 (plus VAT, I think), I'm thinking that I could get a lot more performance by going the secondhand route.

Oh, and for the future, I'm also after a set of Brembo calipers from an Evo 6, or better.

There, told you it was a long shot :D However, you never know what the people posting on a forum like this do in their work and spare time...

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow grease!

Polish the existing manifold until you can see your face in it!

Lot cheaper!

I dare say Mr Westlake, if he is still around, could help you.

You could try here http://racemagic.co.uk

Or here http://www.autotruckworld.com/wwwboard.html

How about a picture of this potential Wiscombe Park hillclimber?

Jim Roper

[ 08. December 2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

The cheapest way to make your car go faster is to lighten the load so it does'nt have to work so hard. might I suggest this link as a good start

http://www.diet-i.com/

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Jim,

This is the only pic I can find on my machine of it (apart from one of the great hole that masquerades as an exhaust):

evo01.jpeg

Now looking around the racemagic site....WOW!! I could be some time :D

Eddie, fat chance!! :P

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Jim Roper:

How about a picture of this potential Wiscombe Park hillclimber?

Jim Roper

Hillclimber??? The steepest slope his car is going to climb is the one up his driveway :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Elton:

The brakes will also be upgraded soon.

'Soon', eh? Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted, mate. :rolleyes:

And when you wisely invest all of this money in your car - does it then get to do more than the 70mph my missus' Astra is allowed, before plod steps in and awards points? :D

Still, it'll look waaaay-cool with a kiddie seat in the back, ay?

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Wordbender:

Wordbender:

The brakes will also be upgraded soon.

'Soon', eh? Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted, mate. :rolleyes:

Terry

Tel,

I think it's my turn to sound patronising now...

It's probably got better brakes now than any car you've ever driven. It has big calipers all round, Group N rally discs, Mintex pads, ABS and lots of suspension goodies, such as Active Yaw Control and strut braces to keep things in balance. All wheel drive makes a big difference, too. You won't see my back end slipping all over the place unless I want it to. It also gets serviced and thoroughly checked every 4,500 miles. How many other road car owners can claim to be that careful about the condition of their car? I've got friends with standard cars that haven't seen a mechanic in four years, except for the annual MOT!

It also has 600 quid's worth of brand new, proven rubber underneath it, not some 'budget' Happy Shopper tat from the local Kwik Fit.

When I said 'upgrade the brakes', I meant from what they are now, not the pathetic excuses that we get fobbed off with as brakes on standard cars. I also own an N reg Citroen Xantia and compared to the Evo, it is a death trap. I hate driving it - it handles like a bucket of the proverbial and everything about it spells danger. The brakes are awful. Oh, and I've spent 1500 quid on the poxy thing in the last few weeks (regretably) and it has new disks and pads all round, as well as suspension spheres and just about every other part that can be replaced :( To think that there are tens of thousands of these on the roads, and cars very much like it, worries me. Since owning it, I've found that I give them a very wide berth when I encounter other ones on the road.

Drive a proper performance car one day and you'll realise what you're missing. I'd feel much safer with my kid in the back of an Evo than some mass-produced "Oh, it's got four wheels and an engine" hunk of metal

Oh, and Recaro do a baby bucket seat. We've discussed that one. Speaking to someone with two kids, he said it was far better than the first baby seat he bought, too, as it was more adjustable and better built :P

Later,

Elton

It's amazing how people will spend money on something that will be virtually worthless in next to no time (showing my age here), but begrudge spending money on real estate.

Most of us were like it once. It passes, believe me.

Enjoy, Elton, enjoy.

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Elton,

All tubular manifolds are likely to crack at some stage...

But you pay yer money, TRUST do awesome tubular and use a combination of materials to produce a unit that is much less likely to crack until a few years use.

As you may know Clide from Rc used to work for dp motorsport and I would make a guess that they use the same place for tubular. I know dp sells tubulars that are prone to cracking...

dp manifold - £600

TRUST - £1000-1500 (I think)

Well worth the extra money but with the manifold you're likely to need an new wastegate - go for the external sounds beatiful.

Local UK dealer is SVS - 01483 28 56 57 Tim there is a top bloke.

Or go to http://www.takakaira.co.jp/

Hope this helps,

Caleb

www.guernseyfishing.com - under construction...

that`l teach you not to buy a good car in the first place with that sort of money you could have got a 3 wheeler ,now thats a drivers car :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson