Giving the locations away!

Peter Waller

It used to be the sporting thing to do, giving hints on where to go to fellow anglers. But is it wise. To be honest I was surprised at the hotspot giveaways on the Loch Awe thread. There is an unfortunate downside to the internet, that is the lurkers who search out locations on the various forums. These people take but put nothing back into a forum. Believe me, these guys surf the net for locations and then hammer them. There is so much evidence that it does happen, and it is not in the fish's best interests. We've had it happen on my own patch, and it wasn't just one or two people that were involved. In giving a location away you may be spoiling the fishing for those who live there.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting that Peter, The truth is, I no longer post open locations, a simple PM from a member that is truly interested, will (if possible) elucidate the location, lake, bait and pegs that are producing results!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Sorry if I offended you or others Peter, but I was just trying to help a fellow angler. It took me three years to find a spot worth fishing and have now ammended the thread.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

No offence taken Dave. Just know from unfortunate past experience that going public is about the least wise thing a pike angler can do! Having taken three years to find a worthwhile spot then having gone public could mean three years hard work down the drain, and dead pike.

quote:

Which is also the second reason why I have my alarms and reciever turned right down and I blank alot.

My thoughts exactly.

Except i do actually blank alot :confused:

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

This has become a real problem especially on some of the smaller rivers I fish for barbel.

I share information with a small group of friends and none of us post details on the net any more.

A friend gave away a little too much information an a river last season and found one of his favourite swims not only hammered but also some idiot cleared (with a chainsaw) the trees around one of them!!!

Of course the Barbel cleared off as well.

Divulge at your peril.

Sad but true.

DF

I have often divulged information on locations and tactics on waters that I now no longer fish or fish regularly.It has now dawned on me that this is very selfish of me as I am obviously affecting others fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!