Ultra Light Lure Rods

Steve G

The best I ever found in the budget range was the Ron Thompson Gladiator. IM8 carbon two piece blank and one I dont think I'll ever sell.

Sadly not made any more, but you might talk to Glasgow Angling Centre where I got my one from, there may be a newer Ron Thompson alternative.

Don't be put of by the cheap price, these rods just make Loomis and St Croix look absurdly expensive.

If you want the best, then a Kistler Helium LTA will cost you about £200 from the factory in Texas including post, VAT, tax.

Sorry JK ya beat me to it.

[ 29. June 2005, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Thanks for the help lads. Glasgow Angling sell a Ron Thompson Xcite, new version of the Steelhead. I have settled on one of the Bass Pro rods from Lure Mania 6 foot one piece 1/8 to 1/2 oz. Hope its ok or i will be shelling out for the Ron Thompson too!

Cheers

I just checked the range of BassPro rods that LureMania sells. The IM6 you got is an excellent rod.

I have a BassPro shop about 20 minutes from my house and almost all my tackle is from there. Their house brand rods are all good ones.

I love the 15lb PowerPro line with the light lures in the weight range you are speaking of. Makes a great combination IMO.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/powerpro.htm is a good review of the line written by a US professional bass angler.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for the thumbs up on the rod Newt, i was a bit worried when i saw how cheap it was on the Bass Pro website! Use Power Pro for all my lure fishing, waiting for some 20lb to arrive which is going on a Shimano Exage 1000RA, that arrived today and is very nice. Can't wait!!

Cheers