mobile phones and kids

billy5000

Hi all

I see even on childrens tv ads they have kids of like ten years old with phones.

when you see kids walking to school they are usally glued to their mobiles (see chesters strange phone call thread)

Norrie you have hit it right on the head these kids that have phones have no responsibilty to use them properly i.e (fake 999 calls fire brigade calls and malicious calls to bully other kids etc)

who else thinks this is becoming a joke

i for one would only buy one for my daughter when i think she is responsible enough to use it (like 15 upwards)and then it will have a tracker installed so i know where she is if she disappears or the phone gets nicked(i wouldnt spy on her but for her own safety i.e god forbid abducted

its not a barbie doll they ask for anymore :rolleyes:

Another angle which really takes the p### (did anyone hear of the rape in a club which was photographed on a mobile camera phone well whats to stop paedophiles from taking pics of our kids on holiday etc and downloading them to billions of there kind :mad: (now the cops will have to police txt images soon mark my words)

billy

[ 13. July 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL uses of mobile phones , faxes , e`mails infact anything sent digitally ARE logged otherwise you wouldnt get a bill , all faxes are scanned for "key words" i expect e`mails are to .

the biggest offender is the parent ,i certyainly wouldnt have bought a phone for you nor would i have let you use a internet capable pc under my roof ,now you get the bills you can see how much they cost and worse how much they cost to RUN , forget the safety angle of mobiles, knowing kids if it was a credit based ( £10 cards etc) phone you can bet if anything nasty happened the credit will have long gone in texting to another kid 3 feet away :mad:

just because its fashionable doesnt make it good in the future our mobile toting kids will probably have a medical problem straitening their right arms seeing as most of the time their wrists are next to their earholes :)

the phone pinching could be stopped by phone squads a mini copper (the child) could be placed in nasty rough areas pretending to use a mobile ,when the bad person runs along and knicks the phone the mini cop shouts a warning ,if the baddy ignores it a remote control is pressed and the phone explodes and the baddies hand disapears , a simple and effective deterent garaunteeing the baddy wont do it 3 times :D

[ 13. July 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters and Billy, don't tar every kid with the same brush!

If I hadn't had a mobile 'phone since I was 13 I couldn't have done the following:

-Report a violent assualt,

-Call an ambulance when the landlines were down,

-Go fishing on my own (since I was 15).

I have a "Pay-as-You Go" mobile 'phone and I always have a minimum of £1.00 credit on there for emergencys.

I was told by my parents they would by the mobile on the following conditions: that I would have to pay for the credit myself and if the 'phone was broken and it was my fault I would pay for it out of my own pocket. I agreed, and have had no problems with anyone since.

I have seen people have their mobiles nicked because they were flaunting the latest model, and in my opnion they were asking for it. Never have I seen someone demand someone give them their mobile just spontaneously.

Not all children are irresponsible, thuggish, money grabbing show offs, Chesters, although I admit that some like all rules, there will be an exception(s), and I admit that not all kids are to be trusted with a mobile.

[ 13. July 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Hi all

Apache it sounds like you were given the phone because like allot of kids you wouldn't flaunt and misuse the phone.

you have your head screw'd on and it also sounds like your parents knew you would get some use from it but unfortunately like you say the small group that misuse it can cause devastating results :mad: and all of which probably come down to the parents lack of imagination in buying presents :rolleyes: and the peer pressure side of it

and yep those who take the p## deserve to have there phone nicked :D

i have been also witness to an assult and helped free the women and child involved

so good on you for helping.

for what good the legal system does for them people need help from someone.

keep that pound where it does most good

billy

Just that you made it sound that you think the majority of kids abuse their mobiles, when in fact it is the minority!

[ 14. July 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Hi all

Apache like most things misuse is widespread and like most towns/citys theres certain areas which contain certain types i.e trouble makers of which are housed and if you like contained.

The council they spot trouble makers and stupidly stick them together Doh!!

which unfortunatly breeds some kids into board little genetic bullys who have nothing to do but sit in the local infants park and smash the place up and when thats done they enjoy reporting it to there mates via txt etc so there other board mates can copy which inevitably goes up the ladder making nuisance calls to the emergency services when these public servants could be better served doing proper jobs like saving lives etc.

so the point im making is in certain areas in certain places its the majority and unfortunatly not the minority but thats not to say that even in these areas some kids dont become sheeps to the trends that others find fun.

i just wish that these kids i talk about would stop treating phones as toys but as very useful things which could save their lives or maybe someone elses.

its just interesting to hear peoples opinons on the growing fad of which i was one of the of the people who owned what was once known as a brick and now own a 7110 and its a change and a half and it just annoys me to have been a victim of these phones being used for things that they wernt ment for.

and they are great for ordering a takeaway when fishing :D:D

billy

[ 14. July 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Hi all

hi jim brain problems are just one plus these masive masts they need and we thought microwave ovens were dangerous with these new toys in demand the world will become a big oven.

in 10-20 years or more the affects will become clear but at the mo its just the tip of the iceburg.

billy

Jim Roper:

If they can bring on brain problems in adults, what can they do to kids?

IF they can. IF being the operative. There is no research at the moment that shows that they can. Nor is there any research that shows that they cannot.

Any of you who served in the Royal Navy or Merchant Navy (like me) were subjected to MUCH more microwave radiation from RADAR scanners than you would ever get from a mobile phone.

[ 15. July 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just out of curiosity what is the average age of Anglersnet posters? This is not a troll, nor do I mean to be impolite or to offend but neither am I a diplomat. There are times when I feel as if I am surrounded by a bunch of Daily Mail reading malcontents who all harken back to some 1950's golden era of Britain that never really existed.

No doubt you all work for and hope that the up and coming generations have a better life than the one that you have had, so why are some of you so jeleaous when they get it?

Mobile phones are not the cause of bullying and if kids want to make malicious false calls to the emergency services then there are always public call boxes.

Most of you make yourselves sound as if you had fought through the last World War. Some of you might but you would have to be at least 80 to have fought through the whole war. Even if you were born on VJ Day you would be coming up to 58.

By the way I am a staggeringly young 43, born on 30/04/1960 the 15th anniversary of the alleged suicide of Adolph Hitler.

[ 15. July 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote