start of the pike season

azrael

There are though many who are against pike fishing in summer. It has to be one of the biggest chestnut fishing debates in history :doh:

I think your right with that statement. However those who maintain it are being especially selfish, winter isn't pike time for the whole of the country. If we were not allowed to pike fish in summer then it wouldn't be worth buying the tackle or taking out a permit. That said I very rarely dead bait in summer, bcause lures and spinners are a much more exciting way to catch 'em with.

I don't know how many fishin' years I have left, I havn't been up to going out for the last 5 weeks, more years behind me than to come that's for sure.

'They' (whatever upholders of rules and laws) would never be able to enforce a summer ban anyway, because all one would need to say was 'I'm fishing for salmon, trout, perch, chub', or any other species in the water liable ro take a lure.,,,the wire trace?,,,well, ' thats in case one of those pesky pike take by accident....heaven forbid' :rolleyes:

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only fish for pike now so I'm looking forward to the winter, somehow frosty mornings and cold seem to go hand in hand with being out after them. Don't really agree with idea of a pike season though as some of us regularly fish throughout the year for them just using different tactics, never once had any issues with this.

now it is underway any one had any results

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Kicked off the season with 2 from a local lake Friday then missed a run from what felt like a good fish the next morning, after fluffing that there was nothing for the rest of the day! Where I fish the river is very wide and deep and seems to get going later in the season when it gets colder and possibly as the baitfish pile into the area (deep water less sensitive to temp change). Going out Friday on a proper roving mission and am going to hit up as many spots as possible, the river has produced a couple of confirmed fish over 20lb so it has the potential to produce good sized fish, it's just a case of keeping at it and I'm very determined this year to make the most as last season was so dissapointing.

How's it going for everyone else out there?

Edited by Neil G

Guest Wilko 09

Had a couple of sub-10's on my first trip, the biggest on Lamprey and surprisingly, had a couple of missed runs on smoked Herring! The neighbour offered them to me for the cat as they had too many bones so I thought I'd give 'em a go on a second rod, glad I did!

A few dropped runs and just the single fish out :( I have a feeling it's just too warm still and the bait fish are everywhere meaning there's plenty for the pike to feed on so deadbaits are no good. I have a feeling livebaits would be a better option.

Gonna have a go tomorrow at a new venue that doesn`t have many fishing it ,got to go to the fishmongers first thing

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: