Big Clarrie!

Bobj

Is Big Clarrie not edible: or have you all gone soft over there? :unsure:

Clarrie is an estuary cod and, as such, is quite edible in the smaller sizes, about 2-5 kg.

As he is in the guesstimated weight bracket of 30-35 kgs it would be a rather daunting task to carry him 1.5 km over rocks, along 2 beaches and through a narrow track in a National Park... :nono:

Having said that, I get quite a goodly amount of pleasure feeding and photographing him, which I could not do if I ate him. Personally, I prefer spotty mackerel to carry back home to eat.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

As he is in the guesstimated weight bracket of 30-35 kgs it would be a rather daunting task to carry him 1.5 km over rocks, along 2 beaches and through a narrow track in a National Park... :nono:

:rolleyes:

Australian-Wheelbarrow_zps5plolux8.jpg

:doh::bye1:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hooked a small (26") black tip reef shark and the commotion brought Big Clarrie and a mate out of the depths to investigate.

IMG_0018_zpsrxphqvmq.jpg

Clarrie actually had the shark in his jaw for a few seconds. Managed to get the shark up on the rocks and released it, albeit a bit the worse for wear, well traumatised....

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 weeks later...

The dangers I have to face so I can bring you fishos the exploits of Big Clarrie. This crack is 8ft deep and I have to stride over it to get to Shark Rock. If the tide is up, it gets filled...

IMG_0005_zpscb3ojnek.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 months later...