Mobile phones, in cars

ayjay

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving Without Due Care & Attention has been a criminal offence for many years. Using a mobile whilst driving would constitute driving without due care and attention.

This new law is an absolutely diabolical example of our government wasting millions of pounds of our money in a knee-jerk reaction and 'creating' a law that already existed.All they had to do was ask that the Police enforce the current laws.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Driving Without Due Care & Attention has been a criminal offence for many years. Using a mobile whilst driving would constitute driving without due care and attention.

Elton

I beg to disagree me'lud! There are times when it could be hard to prove driving without due care while using a mobile, so this wraps it up, like seat belts and other road safety issues we have come to accept. Having been nearly run off my bike by tw*ts in cars using phones (usually dialing, or were they txting?!)I have no prob with the law (until my phone rings of course! ) I get far more p*ssed off with the complaints from Councils/police that because drivers are slowing down their gatso's arent generating the income they expected so now they need more to pay for them :o:o

Theres no doubt in my mind that phones in cars are a distraction, I bet theres hardly a poster out there with phone and car who hasnt looked down to call a number or answer the phone, those few seconds could be someones life. Preach over!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Its been great ignoring the phone whilst driving!!knowing its work.

But there is a new problem people have kept swerving to the side of the road with out indicating presumably to check their answerphones.

We are allowed £5 for our phones (well it is the NHS,only to be used in emergency)

But i have had to ring my answer phone 6 times and make calls to respond,that $5 will soon be spent.

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I have a hands free kit fitted to my works motor and I have to admit that if I need to check the address book or the like before making a call it's a very dangerous scenario indeed as far as attention to the road goes. Ban them I say, then I'll be incommunicado.

Paul

Work will not pay for hands free

i have amended my answerphone message to say

I may be driving or with a patient so leave a message etc...

there is nothing worse than having sterile gloves on about to do a dressing and th ephone rings ...answer it or ignore.

in th epetrol station there were 2 people from Orange trying to sell handsfree kits.they could not understand when i said it was great with out th ephone.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Never understood why car manufacturers actively encourage smoking in cars, by fitting ashtrays...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE