Bread Groundbait

76jerry

Normaly I use liquidised bread for my groundbait but this means it is mostly a uniform size I have tryed to make a wet bread groundbait mix but by the time I get to the waterside it has gone to a solid lump which you could repoint your house with.Is it best to make a wet bread style ground bait at the waterside or is there any tricks so as you can make up at home ? What I am after is a slow sinking mix with a mixture including bait sized pices rather than it all being the same size. Can it be made in a way where it can be gently lobbed say 10 yards ?

Cheers

vineys thread suggestion is good:

on top of that heres what I do:

let some cheap "Tesco value" bread go very stale

take half of the stale bread and half a non stale batch;

tear up the non stale bread into bait size pieces and wet it slightly....crush the stale bread as small as you want to make a rough groundbait then mix the two together; adjust the texture/consistency until you achieve what you want.

you can food process the stale bread if you want a really fine groundbait but I find that limits your creativity with the groundbait at bankside...its just as easy to crush/break the stale bread and then add non stale bread along the way.

I also add pellets to my mixes; you can also half mix with normal groundbait mix etc

its pretty easy to create what your after with a bit of trial and error..and creating cloudy mixes, or heavy sinking mixes etc is a doddle once you get the hang of it.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/coarse-fishing-articles/fishing-with-bread.html

See the above - the key is stale bread that's been allowed to dry out and making it just before use. If you use fresh bread it'll turn into plaster, and even with stale bread it'll end up solid if left too long.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

PS a little something I would never be without now is a peacock handwarmer. When making bread mash in a bitterly cold winter river, being able to warm your hands up straight away is about the best feeling you can have with your clothes on!

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I tend to use bread as a slop ground bait mix big bucket or about 2 -3 pints of water and mush up a good loaf to a loaf and a half once all soaked up and mushed add in some porage oats and it's absorbs the rest of the water and binds em really we'll together , if want it softer add more water if doing the night befor it will have absorbed all the water so just add more but not too much mix in some hemp and away you go

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza