Grammatical

Andrew

It means that I am skeptical about their statistics.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Eye fink yoo ment sceptical.

No I meant skeptical, a word I always spell the American way. By the way Scottish people can prononce the diptong "th", no Scot ever says "fink" unless they are taking the urine out of English pronunciation.

One of the examples I got wrong was the who/whom one. I made them both "who" as this is the recommended usage in the current OED.

1 A continuing debate in English usage is the question of when to use who and when to use whom. According to formal grammar, who forms the subjective case and so should be used in subject position in a sentence, as in who decided this? The form whom, on the other hand, forms the objective case and so should be used in object position in a sentence, as in whom do you think we should support?; to whom do you wish to speak? Although there are some speakers who still use who and whom according to the rules of formal grammar as stated here, there are many more who rarely use whom at all; its use has retreated steadily and is now largely restricted to formal contexts. The normal practice in modern English is to use who instead of whom (and, where applicable, to put the preposition at the end of the sentence): who do you wish to speak to?; who do you think we should support? Such uses are today broadly accepted in standard English.2 On the use of who and that in relative clauses see that (usage).

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't get this one?

Q.11 “I should like to introduce you to my sister Amanda, who lives in New York, to Mark, my brother who doesn't, and to my only other sibling, Evelyn."
Evelyn is male
Evelyn is female
Impossible to know from the wording of the sentence whether Evelyn is male or female.
I chose Impossible to know. Correct answer is male.

If you think English grammar is difficult, give this a quick scan.

http://la-conjugaison.nouvelobs.com/du/verbe/envoyer.php

Did anyone notice that Andrew spelt grammatical with no " i " --?

Got it, i left it out to see who would pick it up. :clap3::icecream:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Got it, i left it out to see who would pick it up. :clap3::icecream:

Did you also deliberately use a lower case I in that little fib Andrew? :D

You're on a slippery slope if you want us to pick up all your errors, there's a lot of them. :roll1:

WOW my personal Engrish teacher :clap3:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”