Virus attack

Blackvelvet:

my brother is using Norton and what a mess he's in at the moment he's been off the air for 3 weeks now..so it must tell you something

The flu is very bad this year?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Want an AV program that deletes w/o asking

My thread on another forum. I asked. Finally got a couple of good answers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry if I am missing something here but my Norton deletes the dodgy mails automatically, but it does tell me that it had found them.

Also find that I am getting automatic updates to Norton almost every day now, perhaps there are a whole new crop of virii(?) out there

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Den - we were looking for something that would just delete the blasted things and not bother to mention it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

OK I've had Mailwasher Pro running for a couple or three days and so far so good.

Now I've sussed out the various filters etc. Mailwasher is bouncing mails back to whence they came. Every now and again Norton tells me the mail I am trying to send is not a legit address, funny that, mostly Yahoo mail.

It seems that Mailwasher bounces unwanted mail and those containging Viri at the ISP [well something like that] so hopefully soon the spammers will get the message [ha ha] that my address doesn't exist anymore and stop sending the stuff to me.

I have noticed that an awful lot of mail isn't actually addressed to me? So how come I still receive it?

Anyway looks as though I will have to shell out a few Dollars and purchase it.

Mailwasher Pro supports multiple email addresses whereas Mailwasher Freebee only does one.

Although you still have to delete mail, it is now done with one click of the mouse button after a quick shufty down the list incase it's got it wrong.

Norton no longer has to scan these emails as they are deleted at ISP level.

Hope this all makes sense.

Colin

Bushwacker!! Just spoken to my mate who is also an AVG user and he had exactly the same problem as you describe!! I have also noticed something as well. When updating the files are not ACTUALLY received!! But seem to be, I had to connect 3 times today to get the files to download!!

Just checked my mail by the way and I had 43 messages 1 was genuine and I also had 23 Virus emails too!! What is happening!! Nearly caught with one the other day purporting to come from NTL but AVG caught it just as I realised it was a spoof!! But Mail washer allowed it through!! Didn't report it as a Virus message!! First one I've had that happened to!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I don't think the free version of Mailwasher actually removes dodgy emails Chris, it just highlights any that it thinks might be suspicious. You have to delete them manually. I find the biggest advantage with it is that you can spot any with huge attachments that could take too long to receive.

I had trouble with the latest AVG download for a couple of days, and when it finally came it was quite a big one. I'm wondering if they kept holding it back to add more recently received information to it. It works fine now anyway.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Glad that you caught them Chris. I've just come on here after checking my mailbox, only 6 in there to-night, but guess what, 3 were virus, that netsky thing. I just deleted them, after Norton cleaned them. As you say what is happening with virus problems ?.

When the wife came in from work the other night she said that it was on the radio on her way home from work that there were up to 7 new virus out per day at the moment. She said that they were telling people who had no firewall or A.V. software to stay off the internet until they had got them. It's quite worrying to say the least.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"