Virus attack

I seem to be under a constant bombardment of Emails with virus [Viri?] attached. Up to 10 a day. I seem to get 2 from the same source, then another 2 from another source and so on.

I try blocking them within OE but this only works the once if I am lucky.

Norton is warning me OK but I am beginning to get ever so slightly miffed.

Any ideas??

Needless to say I am on NTL.

Help!!!!!!

Colin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't any suggestions Colin, but I am getting between 3&6 per day, all with virus in them according to Norton. I have also tried the message rules in Outlook Express and it works a couple of times then starts all over again. You guessed it I'm on NTL aswell.

I only wish that I had an answer to give you sorry.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

No way that I know of with Norton to have it just delete any infected posts and not bother you with the details. I wish there were.

I'll do some looking around and see if I can locate a reliable product that does 'silent clean/delete'.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm having the same problems too.And yes you've guessed it,I'm with NTL as well.Hopefully the work they are doing to the e-mail system will help clean all this crap up.If not,then I'm gonna change.With Nrton popping up every five minutes or so with a virus warning it is really pi55ing me off,and another week of it i'm gonna start pi55ing NTL off with complaints about the amount of spam I'm getting. :mad:

hi chaps my connection has been running slow all day opened my e mail and there was something from evo cars or something .my norton picked it up and informed me that it had a skynet virus .im very new at this computer lark and at a loss what to do any serious suggestions lol rob

when you think you know everything think again....

I have just received an e-mail purporting to come from Microsoft offering me a patch "that I ordered" Inide is a note saying "Info not showing - click here! I clicked it to the bin!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I've been trying to open my emails now for over an hour, but I keep getting the message that the server has not responded in 120 seconds. It donwloads 3 mails I believe and then the 3rd one seems to make it freeze up. The ones that it does download go straight into the Norton Spam folder. Beggered if I know whats wrong, I just hope that it's the slow connection we seem to be experiencing whilst NTL up-date their email.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"