NFSA Conservation Group

You see this puts me in an awkward position, one of these men is a good friend of my fathers and every time I jab at him it’s like I’m hurting my Dad to. My family have enough to worry about right now without my adding to it. But once things have straightened out a bit (if they ever do) I will be gunning for him who ever he is.

Well if thats how you are with your fathers friends, I bet he dont need no enemeys. It sounds to me like you have somnething personal against this friend of your dads, so perhaps you,d be better leaving your thoughts about this individual off an angling forum, unless you are used to washing your smalls in public. If your unable to substanciate your claims, then best not make them, as they make you look very childish (IMHO). By the way it doesnt stop you from naming others who you consider to be inept

There is no doubt that our fishery needs to be better managed and even less doubt it has been very badly miss-managed for around forty years. But there is some good fishing to be had still and its not quite as bad as most RSA rep would have us believe. And it really isn’t going to get any better in the hands of sea angling rep who know jack **** about sea angling or commercial fishing and who’s only skill is to snipe at commercial fishermen.

I take it that you have personel experience of this 40 years of miss-managment I would like to here your thoughts on the miss-management that gave us the halcion days at Dungie during the late 60,s and 70,s. This great sea angling that we now have on the Kent and Essex coast (as you indicate), is this the same quality on the south coast and SW coasts and in and around Wales, and the NW etc. etc. etc.

I've been a member of this forum for many years, shall I dig out some of your previous comments about the commercial fishing industry and fishermen in general, or have you conveniantly forgot that, sniping could at best describe your comments in the loosest possible sense

Sea anglers came together like never before to show our government they didn’t want a RSA licence. Sea anglers didn’t ever do the same in regards to conservation. So that tells me most sea anglers don’t want to be represented by anyone when it comes to anything let alone be represented by RSA reps that know very little.

Two words Bass Consultation That was about conservation and it recieved previoulsy unheard of support from the RSA's, or did you convenently forget about that.

Just one more thing boburaunti, if you are a strong believer in naming and shaming, then why not use your real name. That way the likes of me can’t bring you out of the shadows can we Mr Pinbourough

OK not a problem, my names Robert Durauntti, you can call me Bob. Don't know who Mr Pinbourough is though

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Bob' .... may I also call you 'Bob', Bob?

two_bells.jpg

One of the funniest episodes ....

Blackadder finds his new servant, 'Bob', curiously pleasant company.

So much so, that he almost kisses him.

Afraid for his position at court, Blackadder searches for a "cure", until Bob conveniently reveals that she is in fact a girl called Kate.

Their wedding is spectacularly ruined by the appearance of Lord Flashheart, the best man: the best sword, the best shot, the best sailor and the best kisser in the kingdom. In keeping with the cross-dressing courtship, Kate and Flashhart exchange clothes and elope together, leaving Blackadder with the enticing prospect of marrying Baldrick the bridesmaid .....

:group: :group:

Well if thats how you are with your fathers friends, I bet he dont need no enemeys. It sounds to me like you have somnething personal against this friend of your dads, so perhaps you,d be better leaving your thoughts about this individual off an angling forum, unless you are used to washing your smalls in public. If your unable to substanciate your claims, then best not make them, as they make you look very childish (IMHO). By the way it doesnt stop you from naming others who you consider to be inept

I take it that you have personel experience of this 40 years of miss-managment I would like to here your thoughts on the miss-management that gave us the halcion days at Dungie during the late 60,s and 70,s. This great sea angling that we now have on the Kent and Essex coast (as you indicate), is this the same quality on the south coast and SW coasts and in and around Wales, and the NW etc. etc. etc.

I've been a member of this forum for many years, shall I dig out some of your previous comments about the commercial fishing industry and fishermen in general, or have you conveniantly forgot that, sniping could at best describe your comments in the loosest possible sense

Two words Bass Consultation That was about conservation and it recieved previoulsy unheard of support from the RSA's, or did you convenently forget about that.

OK not a problem, my names Robert Durauntti, you can call me Bob. Don't know who Mr Pinbourough is though

There are meant to be about 1,000,000 sea anglers, of which if I remember rightly 1200 replied to the bass mls consoltation. I have probably got the numbers wrong but I remember as a percentage it was perthetic.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

I have probably got the numbers wrong but I remember as a percentage it was perthetic.

As a percentage can mean many things.

If we were able to poll a large sample of regular sea anglers (say the 280 000 which UKSport identified?), you'd probably find that only about 2000 knew about the bass consultation!

The point is not that 998k, who have been identified as possibly having held a fishing rod or handline off a pier at some point in their lives didn't respond, but that 1200 keen and knowledgable sea anglers were sufficiently interested to have made the effort.

Statistics is a 'funny old game'.

<_<

Hi Sam

I've copied and pasted this from the BASS forum, where you posed a similar question -

The answer (perhaps?) is that we do not have just one rep for RSA, so the collective experience, knowledge, time spent out on the shore / boat, species sought, even commercial background etc. all come into play.

Just because someone doesn't fish as much as he used to (take me as an example ) doesn't mean that the 35 years of sea angling that I have under my belt and the experiences that I have accumulated, both on and off the water, are not as valid as someone who currently fishes 16 hours a week, like you claim to.

It's the combined diversity of our reps' backgrounds that makes the sum total. Even those who rarely fish may have other skills which can be utilised and shouldn't therefore be overlooked as valuable contributors.

WRT the bass mls consultation - 2,750 responses were received and 87% were in favour of increasing the mls. I would imagine that the majority of that number (nearly 2,400) were RSAs, many of whom were represented by local clubs and regional federations etc. as well as national bodies.

A lot of RSAs do want some form of representation, but clearly, not all do.

Sad to see you've dropped out of BASS - you must be one of the later :rolleyes: .

Hi Steve,

I can only say that I do not want to be represented by those who know less than I do regarding sea angling and commercial fishing. I will say that I do know very little of how DEFRA operate and some reps seem to know more about this than they do about angling. So I suppose I would concede to you that balanced with the guiding from rsa reps that do know about sea angling and commercial fishing the team should work to good effect. But it doesn’t Steve does it? What has been achieved in the past 12 years? Zilch that’s what!

I now feel that rsa politics has to operate on a very local level, where the local sea anglers who have the local knowledgeof their own areas needs, can get involved.

To carry on as things are with elitist groups like BASS try and lead the rest of the UKs Sea anglers like sheep should be over. As for the NFSA, well it was their idea for the rsa strategy wasn’t it?

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Hi Steve,

I can only say that I do not want to be represented by those who know less than I do regarding sea angling and commercial fishing. I will say that I do know very little of how DEFRA operate and some reps seem to know more about this than they do about angling. So I suppose I would concede to you that balanced with the guiding from rsa reps that do know about sea angling and commercial fishing the team should work to good effect. But it doesn’t Steve does it? What has been achieved in the past 12 years? Zilch that’s what!

I now feel that rsa politics has to operate on a very local level, where the local sea anglers who have the local knowledgeof their own areas needs, can get involved.

To carry on as things are with elitist groups like BASS try and lead the rest of the UKs Sea anglers like sheep should be over. As for the NFSA, well it was their idea for the rsa strategy wasn’t it?

So it was nfsa who proposed ramps, bogs, carparks, litter bins, signage, licences and bag limits then to enhance the rsa experiance?

Don't think bass could possibly try and lead the rest of the uk's anglers as there are more than bass in the sea to target.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I can only say that I do not want to be represented by those who know less than I do regarding sea angling and commercial fishing.

Me neither; except that I have no way of knowing who knows more than I do about sea angling and commercial fishing.

So, that puts me in a difficult position as I know that what I have to say on such matters will have nearly zero clout where it counts and I am unlikely to radically affect regional, let alone national policies on such matters.

Then again, I can certainly say that the Theresa Villiers (Con) knows less than I do about 'turbochargers' and import regulations relating to Enhanced Single Vehicle Approval testing; although she represents millions on such issues and I am certainly a better analytical organic chemist than the government spokesperson for science and I know as much, if not more, about education at primary, secondary and tertiary levels than David Willetts or Ed bruddy Balls put together.

I guess that means I should not vote or support these people because they know less than I?

Or have we developed a sort of sophisticated political system in which, if enough people have similar views, then their views are aired publicly and majority views (usually) are embroidered into statutes and custom which we all abide by for the sake of society?

So, are we not in danger of over-elaborating on WHO represents angling issues to the

'lawmakers'?

Does Jonathan Shaw really need to know the technical sides of angling or fish trawling?

Or, as with most matters from the family structure upwards in society's complexity, is it not the most logical and most acceptable compromise which wins the day?

In which case, in our dealings with regulatory bodies, it's probably not necessary for the MOST knowledgable nor the most forceful artisans to make representations upon issues which concern anglers, but far more worthwhile for us to gain the ear and confidence of a decision maker, than to confront that person with incomprehensible methodology, assessments and statistics.

I think I've just convinced myself to join the NFSA for another year after all.

B)

Me neither; except that I have no way of knowing who knows more than I do about sea angling and commercial fishing.

So, that puts me in a difficult position as I know that what I have to say on such matters will have nearly zero clout where it counts and I am unlikely to radically affect regional, let alone national policies on such matters.

Then again, I can certainly say that the Theresa Villiers (Con) knows less than I do about 'turbochargers' and import regulations relating to Enhanced Single Vehicle Approval testing; although she represents millions on such issues and I am certainly a better analytical organic chemist than the government spokesperson for science and I know as much, if not more, about education at primary, secondary and tertiary levels than David Willetts or Ed bruddy Balls put together.

I guess that means I should not vote or support these people because they know less than I?

Or have we developed a sort of sophisticated political system in which, if enough people have similar views, then their views are aired publicly and majority views (usually) are embroidered into statutes and custom which we all abide by for the sake of society?

So, are we not in danger of over-elaborating on WHO represents angling issues to the

'lawmakers'?

Does Jonathan Shaw really need to know the technical sides of angling or fish trawling?

Or, as with most matters from the family structure upwards in society's complexity, is it not the most logical and most acceptable compromise which wins the day?

In which case, in our dealings with regulatory bodies, it's probably not necessary for the MOST knowledgable nor the most forceful artisans to make representations upon issues which concern anglers, but far more worthwhile for us to gain the ear and confidence of a decision maker, than to confront that person with incomprehensible methodology, assessments and statistics.

I think I've just convinced myself to join the NFSA for another year after all.

B)

Hi H

LOL LOL You missed one point which is, it is easier to defend ones position, than to attack someones else's position, one may have the ear of the Minister and various other peoples but are they listening and if they are, are their hands tied behind their backs.

You can lead a horse to water but if cannot or does not want to drink you cannot make him.

steve

Unfortunately politics is not the art of the possible.

It consists in choosing between the distastrous and the unpalatable.

I'm hoping the nice Mr Shaw will go for the unpalatable.

Of course we shouldn't expect too much from him, since the real art of politics is to require the public expectation be kept at the lowest possible level in order to minimise the eventual disappointment.

- 'Pisces of Haeylinge'