The Ashes. Did the Aussies go to far?

Dave H

Oh yes ,kids up road brought a box to the house filled with hay ,said they had grass snakes in it ,there was but when i put it back the previously unmentioned adder bit me on the pinkie.

Half an hour later pain under the arm so i went to the local hospital where the injection of antihystamines reacted badly ,i have faint recollections of needles and mutterings of 50 over nothing and pain ,i woke up in intensive care .

Went on old mans ward (i was not 30) because of lack of beds ,3 days later went home ,black and blue arm and down to waist on bit side ,not nice time at all

Any hospital scene where you see the ceiling lights moving reminds me of it ,they recognised me at triage the week before it was "owls foot in eye"

The trip home was interesting ,i had gone to hospital on a lambretta and my left hand and arm were so swollen i couldnt turn the gear on the handle so i had to use my right hand with great difficulty while counterbalancing the bike ,luckily plod wasnt about that day

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters.....Were you a mod?

No scooters have allways been cheaper than motorbikes to buy ,and have spare wheels

My favourite was my zundapp bella even mods jaws dropped seeing that

That would have been easy to use the gears are on the right hand foot

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I like England. The different seasons is like no other with spectacular colourings ..beautiful. The variety of animals and not one really venomous...

You need to get out a bit more mate. England shares the same seasons as Northern France. As for it's beauty, your own Lord Byron summed it up nicely thus

England! thy beauties are tame and domestic

To one who has roved on the mountains afar

Oh for the crags that are wild and majestic

The steep frowning glories o' wild Lochnagar

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I was bitten once by one and nothing happened . I thought perhaps i was invincible and some kind of god ( i was only 12). It appears it was a dry strike. Many do this if they have bitten a human before i was told as they hate the taste of a human. Where and when Chesters did this happen to you ;)

Tell whoever told you that about adders that snakes do not have tastebuds, they have no sense of taste. Instead they have something called a Jacobson's Organ or Vomeronasal organ which gives them a very acute sense of smell. Snakes know exactly what their prey is going to "taste" like long before they have struck.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

They can taste the air ( OK smell it ) is what i meant ( you being pedantic again ;) ). A dry strike as in no venom is just a warning strike to back off..

How did we get here again...LOL

Always amuses me when a topic starts about one thing and ends up somewhere just about the complete opposite to the thread heading .LOL

Anyway back to the topic. I think the ball tampering by the Pakistan cricket team was not sporting and the Rhino is almost extinct and i am having sausages tonight

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

They can taste the air ( OK smell it ) is what i meant ( you being pedantic again ;) ). A dry strike as in no venom is just a warning strike to back off..

How did we get here again...LOL

Always amuses me when a topic starts about one thing and ends up somewhere just about the complete opposite to the thread heading .LOL

Anyway back to the topic. I think the ball tampering by the Pakistan cricket team was not sporting and the Rhino is almost extinct and i am having sausages tonight

No mate I'm not being "pedantic" words have meanings. Who told you that adders don't like the taste of humans? That's just a load of old codswallop, an old wifes tale. Some kid might have read that and thought it was true.

If you think AN is bad for going off topic try Reddit. I was skulking on a conversation there the other day with Richard Dawkins. It went from evolution to Pokemon in two posts :o

• Like 1

Dont pokemon characters evolve?

• Like 1

Dont pokemon characters evolve?

Yeah they do, but that's not how the thread went. Someone aked him what animal was the wierdest to have evolved. Dawkins said he had never thought of the notion before, but suggested the nautulis. A strange marine mollusc a bit like the extinct ammonite. Nautulis have funny things in their make up, like pi-hole camera eyes. He posted a link to a photo of one and someone said that it looked like a Pokemon.

Ah i see ,i wonder if the image is upside down ,is the natilus upside down ,some ammonites did not form in the classic ammonite shape i wonder if they were more evolved or less than those that did? Trial and error is not the most efficiant means of evolution ,perhaps it was designed evolution