Boddington resvior

Ryanrecon

Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply. I'm a bit surprised, (pleasantly), because I expected the more usual defence of the stocking policies. I'm glad my ramblings made sense to you, and made you actually think about the situation, and then form an opinion, I assure you it's rare thing to hear. :D

I'm a member of a couple of forums, and I 'lurk' on a few others. I believe that you will find that AN is the best if you want to think about your angling, as well as actually doing it. I don't just mean tactics, and rigs, I mean the whole package, including the environment, and the effect we have on it. The membership is made up of a mixture of young, old and ancient, ;) anglers, most of them willing to share their opinions, knowledge and experience, just for the asking. We're mostly a friendly bunch, but we do have our occasional spats, which is only to be expected, but the mods soon sort them out if they start to go too far.

I hope you enjoy your time with us, and stay around. New blood, and ideas, are always welcome.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

From 'Chasing Dreams' by Tony Miles (© 2001):

'Since the mid-80s, I have taken 44 pike over twenty pounds from three Midland reservoirs, Hollowell, Stanford, and Boddington. Of these three, Boddington was for years one of the best pike waters I ever fished with many twenties and numerous mid-doubles. They fed on the large shoals of good roach and bream the water held. In recent years, thanks to the enlightened (!) activities of British Waterways, all those wonderful fish have been removed and in their place grotesquely overstocked small carp abound. In angling terms, the BWB have conducted the modern equivalent of rape and pillage on numerous Midland's waters that were once fine mixed fisheries. But I digress.'

ThanKs for that! ... I've been wracking my brain trying to remember where I read it, after first seeing this topic :-)

Hi guys ,I recently posted that I wanted to embark on a match fishing career but after taking some time to review some posts on hear

I remembered what brought me back to fishing and it wasn't 300lb bags of weight but memory's of fishing with my dad waiting , yes waiting for my float to dip or my rod to bend round but most of the time blanking

But when we did catch it was great

Thanks for reminding me you old boys talk sense :)

• Like 1

Hi Ryan, dont worry there are other anglers on here (me being one of them) who dont mind the occasional ego trip to a commercial.

I do it so I can fish / try various or new methods.

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

ThanKs for that! ... I've been wracking my brain trying to remember where I read it, after first seeing this topic :-)

Me too, I remembered it was in a Tony Miles book somewhere but had to scour them to find it!

PS Ryan, welcome to AN :)

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music