nortons internet security 2004

just installed this today and fully updated it ,my internet connection despite saying 34.2k (wow) is appallingly slow since??? it takes well over a minute just to get the posting box after clicking post new topic???

and what is this

lucomserver_2_6.exe

it seems to be a nortons thing but the firewall recomends blocking it :confused: and it takes 8 rejections for it to go away :confused:

and it takes 2 minutes to post after clicking post ,the little internet monitors (shows your online) gaily blink at each other but spend most of their time unlit

[ 04. May 2005, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

aha (answering my own posts again :rolleyes: )

got rid of "lucomserver_2_6.exe" by disabling auto update and seemed to have solved both problems.

hmmm still need help ,whenever i click on mail i get a program control alert :confused:

a ccAPP.exe (another part of nortons) nortons tells me to block it ,when i do the mail stops looking at the mail server

:mad:

why cant they just improve the background program and leave the dam thing the same as 2002 :mad:

[ 05. May 2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Really surprised at you Chesters!! PAYING for soemthing which you can get a better version for free!!??

I have aMcafee with licence here!! in PLAIN packing though!! Never wnated it!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

well £3 is almost free (car boot) real pucka version,box and book etc .

it seems to be learning somehow and i only get a query now and again when a new program tries to access the net ,it is a little greedy in resourses that CCAPP.exe takes a chunk but nothing has slowed that i can see but the startup and i have to wait a little longer to run anything bar that its normal ,i suspect making the nortons aps manual instead of automatic it will be as it was before startup wise