More Tope Tales

nifty

Was thinking along the same lines myself Nifty , had some nice Pike there two years ago but havent been back as the boat I hired sprung a leak and only a cork and plasters kept us afloat!! All those rowing boats are an accident waiting to happen! Do you still have to pay if you dont hire their so called boats? Going up North (St Bees) tommorrow with the prowler visiting relatives but the forecast probably means he'll stay on the rack for 3 days!

Ok Prowler 13

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin,

From what I can gather, it costs the same to launch your own 13ft boat(£12-00) as it does to hire one of theirs. Then it;s another £4-00 for a fishing permit.

If the boat is over 13ft, then it's double.

I don't know if the kayak will be classed the same but if so, then my Prowler is only 12ft :D:D

It looks just the job for a bit of piking with all that water to explore. I don't think it'll be long before I'm down there.

Do you know of any other pike waters locally that we could have a go at? They are a bit thin on the ground around here.

nifty

Hey Nifty,

Nice to see you back, where you been hiding, read somewhere you were staying in your holiday residence, fishing none stop and living the life. :) was it true.

That Tope picture is very nice, would look even better on AA, alright if I delve in :D.

Have just been sent one a really nice picture of a bass being returned off of Sardinia from a yak, wish our water was that clear... well the Solent anyway.

Good luck with the Pike fishing, would love to try a little freshwater fishing from the kayak, even thought about going to the Fens earlier in the year... but the year was too short, maybe next year.

Mind your fingers. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Starvin,

Why wait till next year? Those Pike are just coming into their own now.

I reckon they are the perfect target for the winter months on the Yak when the conditions for getting to sea are less than perfect.

I don't know where you got it from that I've been living the high life, I'm afraid it's much more mundane than that, and I've had to do a bit of work and start saving for next summers excursions.

I've been doing a bit of baited spooning for the last month, and had a few nice flounder from the estuary but all this rain just lately has slowed that down now. I have got one or two pics on old fashioned film but I cannot for the life of me work out how to enlarge them to put up on here so that you can actually see anything.

I think Simon and Martin are up for a bit of Piking and we have a couple of waters that look just the job, maybe be able to organise a bit of a Pike weekend.

Cheers nifty

:)

How do we see the pics? :(

Niffty,

We go from aberporth are you far from us?

Can we come see you one day next summer for some leassons please?

Derek

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Nice Pike Snifty (because he has been in his caravan in howling gales and rain :lol: )

Are you going to the Fly Fair next weekend - anyone?

Pike are a good prospect, but so too are the bass still. We just need good weather. A trip to a famous bass mark might be worth organising before the winter sets in. Maybe have a chance to use the stuff you come out of the fly fair laden down with!

I like the idea of having a go at the Welsh pike - fly, spoon or plug.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I'll have a word with the chap who takes me piking but as you say waters are a bit thin on the ground . The Wye around builth has a few i'm told but not sure how well my Prowler would be received! I know the top end of Llangorse is the best and my mate has had them to 28lb although the usual stamp is around 8lbish. When i've been with him I havent had much success but its well worth a trip. Very exposed so weather important.

anyway time to head up North after a hard days slog - Tuesdays forecast looks better so maybe get to wet a paddle!

Ok Prowler 13

Martin,

I've been in touch with the people who control the fishing and boating on the lake, and it is £6-00 to launch a kayak and £4-00 to fish. So it's not too bad :)

Like you say, the Wye is full of pike and well worth fishing but I don't think we'd get permission to launch the yaks, and I don't think you'd gain anything anyway.

Simon,

My bird flu is clearing up nicely thankyou :D I blame all the seagull s**t on the rocks last weekend.

Take your pick as to methods but I'm going for one on the fly for starters with maybe a deadbait for the biggie :D

Derek,

I don't know what happened to the pics, they were a bit small anyway :(

New Quay is where we go most of the time, so not far up the coast. I don't think i'm qualified to give lessons but you are welcome to join us :)

nifty