Fish Yak - Malibu Kayaks

Elton

Yakity - Yak - u.k.:

We all want to know Chevin.......How much ??

Dont keep us in susspenders    

I have to confess that I don't know what the cost of them is in the UK but I am sure that Mad Yakker can help us there, though South African probably has prices at his fingertips.

I have just got home from the Mandurah Boat and Fishing Tackle exhibition which, for a Friday, was tremendously exciting for us! The interest shown in the Malibu range carried throughout the day and one guy anxious not to miss the one he wanted shelled out the cash on an instant sale!

Tomorrow and Sunday are likely to be the two busiest days, and I can hardly wait to get back to introducing fishing kayaks to Australian anglers! It doesn't take much imagination to see that the sport is going to be huge in this country!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day had today, we have the pleasure of being next to Mainpeak, they market, the finn, Spirit, and Wilderness range, all great boats.

The back of our stand we have a beach, where the general public can have a try out, We gave the X-Factor to a Diver, who I may add is 137KG(19stone) an stands at 6'3.

He did a demo to show how easy it was for a big bloke to roll in the water, take his 57KG diving gear off his back, place it all back in the boat and then climb on the boat and paddle away, this he did with ease, to a chorous of applause from the ever growing crowd of on lookers.

So, the Wilderness man said "puh" you can do that on any Yak, and pushed the Tarpon 160 forward, our best boat he said, so out went the diver (unbiased I will add) and tried to do the same, unfortunetly try as he may he could not get back on the boat, and at one stage tipped it over :D unfortunetly for him the crowds were bigger, fortunetly for us we have it all on film

Was the diver also an experienced paddler? At 16 ft long, 28 inches wide & with a low weight capacity the Tarpon 160 does not look like a boat for the beginner.

Any chance you could upload a clip of this?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

SpeciMan:

Was the diver also an experienced paddler? At 16 ft long, 28 inches wide & with a low weight capacity the Tarpon 160 does not look like a boat for the beginner.

I don't really see that in that particular comparison it would matter as to whether he was a beginner or an expert. Whatever he is, it was the same guy attempting to get onto both kayaks. If he been a beginner then it was a beginner who found it easy to get onto the Malibu. However, if he was an experienced paddler, it was an experienced paddler who found it difficult to get onto the Tarpon 160.

The show finished today in very poor weather conditions. It was impossible to put pamphlets or leaflets out because of strong winds and no one was very interested in getting too close to the water incase they got wet. However, the show generated a lot of interest in Kayaks and fishing from them, so I am sure that we achieved one of our major objectives in in promoting interest in this new branch of our sport.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I take your point Chevin; I was just wondering if a paddler with more experience of sit on top rentry could have managed it.. would kicking the legs whilst reentering have helped? (I guess the guy must have tried this).

Anyway the Tarpon 160 does not sound like a yak suited for divers!

Shame about the weather. I hope you managed to generate enough interest to lead to later sales.

I was considering the surf to summit seat so if Malibu do a similar model but at better price I'm interested. :)

[ 09. October 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Specimen - I was very taken by the seat that South African had on the Malibu for our trial. It uses the same brass clips so will fit both of your kayaks(!)it also has an optional add on pocket that buckles on - this has rod holders on the side, OR you can have them as water bottle holders (should be beer bottle holders in my view). Nice and comfy too with plenty of adjustment.

Of course, in the Scupper Pro and the Dorado you don't NEED any seating - they are comfy enough as they are!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

i read somewhere that the malibu extreme weighed 80lbs,does the x factor weigh a lot too? if i wanted one i'd start pumping iron now .thats the best thing about having a caper you can carry it with one hand!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph