What's your favourite bit of kit you couldn't live without

andyj008

My seven year old son,

He serves as , netsman, groundbait mixer, trolley puller, drink maker, bank runner, fish spotter, occasional depth gauge for magins (found this be accident and only works providing you know his current height, also has a audible temperature function with a default setting of 'its freezing') and my apprentice.

I do this so that when I am too old and decrepid (not long now) he will repay the favour and take me (although I will not pull the trolley)

Mike

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

I have to take my brewing kit. I would be gutted if I couldn't have a nice cup of English tea while waiting for a bite. :)

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

A virtually impossible question for me: I've already cut to the bone what I carry, therefore I need it all.

So, I'll opt for my tapestry needles, I use them for threading the line through rod rings and once that's done they are used to thread it through my leger stops (there's not really any other way to do it) - a bit of Drennan boom tube - lengths variable depending on the situation, (and my bait-droppers).

Leger stop below - instantly adjustable for length from hook, and never slip unless under extreme pressure,( i.e. snagged or summat).

post-1421-0-43287900-1389820110_thumb.jpg

• Like 1