Headlights

Dave1960

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

makes mine look a bit overpriced then doesn't it! it's a fiver now if anyone wants it

SOLD TO ME THEN ME HOPES B)

Let me know how to get the money to you mate, and thanks to everyone for your help and advice.

I have only just started fishing let alone piking, perhaps someone could tell me how to post a picture and I could share a couple of my first pike with you :)

cheers

Dave

i spent 35 quid on a petzl head lamp and 16 quid on a gelert "back up" headlamp, the gelert 1 has 3 led bulbs and a normal torch, and is much better than the petzl, weighs next to nothing, compact and very energy efficient using led's, i usually get several sessions out of 2 aaa batteries. Its available from colmans

Got to agree with Jeep the Petzl LED type head lamps are great.Got a bit of a problem with the price they retail for in the UK though.When they first came out I was still living in France They were available for a fraction of the price from Decathalon and were the most popular piece of kit by far that our customers would buy. Could never work out why there was such a price difference :huh:

But then again could never work out why you could buy a Mitchell 300 in a US tackle shop for cheaper than you could in a French one (for those who dont know they are made in France) or for that matter cheaper than you could buy one at trade in this country!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i buy mine from www.ultraleds.co.uk they seem fine and are a good price, often i buy ten at a time and sell them the guys on the bank to cover the postage etc always wondered if you could get a infared led and could you then see in the dark but not affect night vision (probably a thick question ) .cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

you can't see in the dark with an infared torch and just your eyes, infa red light is invisible to the eye.

my innova 24/7 i mentioned earlier has two red LEDs which are great in pitch black

I've still got most of my own teeth and can still grip a Maglite with them when necessary. :D

Me too, used mostly for beach fishing. I got a headlight (cheap halogen job for a couple of quid from Asda) 'cos I'm not a big fan of raw mackerel jus with a hint of lugworm guts. <_<

Also has the advantage of me not rooting around the beach muttering "where've I put the effing torch?"