• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate :D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Dave and Bob.Have solved the weight for the fly bodys- 2mm soldering wire. It is a tin/lead mixture so has the weight and is very flexible for winding onto the hook shank :)

Rather than blindly dive into this project will knock out say two and post up the photos on this thread for feedback from you.Will also weigh them at work in gms. You can have the weight to 6 decimal places if you want because I work in a pharmaceautical lab as an analytical chemist so have very accurate balances.

Do you only want white lures,nothing else?

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi Snatcher - sardine and joey mackerel seem to make up the main food source, so I would guess that for the sardine, anything white, silver and flashy would do. I'm not too sure what weight they should be, don't have to cast too far as we will tease them to the back of the boat, its just to give a bit of penetration in the wind.

Coincidentally, darker lures seem to work well most of the time, I assume its because they're silhouetted against the sky.

Can't wait to see them :D

Check out the fly fishing forum Bob "calling all fly tyers". Some good advice came in on catching marlin on the fly ;)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Thanks Stan. Crossed lines :lol::lol:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

This is getting to be quite an exciting prospect, several times this year we had 6 or more white marlin in the trolling pattern, with the odd double hookup. On more than one occassion as we were bringing in the other rigs to clear the deck a marlin would follow the lure to within 3-4 metres of the boat.

We could see 6 fins in the pattern, but there may have been more that we couldn't see. It seems that when they are hunting in packs they are much more competitive and aggressive. If we can hit a few more packs next year I'm sure that we could tease fish up to within a few metres of the boat. We just whip the teaser away from under his nose and drop a fly in front of him.

Sounds easy.......................... :lol:

This is getting to be quite an exciting prospect, several times this year we had 6 or more white marlin in the trolling pattern, with the odd double hookup. On more than one occassion as we were bringing in the other rigs to clear the deck a marlin would follow the lure to within 3-4 metres of the boat.

We could see 6 fins in the pattern, but there may have been more that we couldn't see. It seems that when they are hunting in packs they are much more competitive and aggressive. If we can hit a few more packs next year I'm sure that we could tease fish up to within a few metres of the boat. We just whip the teaser away from under his nose and drop a fly in front of him.

Sounds easy.......................... :lol:

Yeah right! You aint gonna be the plonker on the end of a 15 weight with 100lb of noised up marlin on the end of 20 test. They pension apartments got bars ????????

Stan