Destination Florida

Snatcher

Stan - if Snatchers flies do the biz maybe you can get the first white marlin on fly from the new boat. Now there's an exciting prospect.

I've been busy makng trolling lures so here's a taster, small ones for tuna dorado and white marlin, bigger ones for blue marlin. Just got to work out how to get casting resin off the keyboard :)

post-4818-1130597484_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Dave,marlin flies for you as well :D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Stan - if Snatchers flies do the biz maybe you can get the first white marlin on fly from the new boat. Now there's an exciting prospect.

I've been busy makng trolling lures so here's a taster, small ones for tuna dorado and white marlin, bigger ones for blue marlin. Just got to work out how to get casting resin off the keyboard :)

Bob, I`m game if you are, just means I`ve got to buy a bigger fly reel now. Lures look A1, where`s the black & red for tuna?).

( PS Casting resin is polymer resin, exact same as goes on rods, comes off (when still wet) with cellulose thinners. [ keyboard?? as Davy would say, erm! will also probably take the letters off] If dry, hairdryer and edge of a blade. I get it everywhere, even managed some on the parrots tail once.

Still looking for a good supplier of lure skirts/big muppets. Got some Grauvells on order so I'll have some black and reds for the tuna.

Snatcher - if you want a custom lure with your name cast inside the resin, let me know and I'll try and get creative. You can have any colour as long as its clear, blue, red, green, or a mixture.

Just had a creative thought, how about encapsulating one of your flies in a solid block of clear resin, might look really pretty?

Yes and yes Bob. Will include a smaller fly with your marlin flies for a "resin burial" :D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Still looking for a good supplier of lure skirts/big muppets. Got some Grauvells on order so I'll have some black and reds for the tuna.

:D Have you tried Blue Ocean Lures, they gave me some for my Ascencion Island trip and they were great. I should think that they may sell the components as well as complete lures. :lol:

57224678_a83a3d4408.jpg

Ian/Snatcher,

The fly in the red box is a copy of a pattern I use a lot and has recently been used overseas by a couple of guys I know. It has taken Bones and was a killer pattern for Snook. It will be interesting to see what other species it will catch.

Hello sensai,welcome aboard :D

To those of you who do not know MJB is probably the best saltwater flyfisherman on this forum. He is also a 10th Dan in fly tying.

Do you think the tutti fruity would work on a 6/0 for marlin ? ;)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Cheers Andrew will take ALL the hooks in exchange :D

Roll on next weekend mate,lets hope the weather gods smile on us. Can you remind Ian on about the Saturday :o

Plan B will be ok though,shore fishing for either pollack/wrasse/bass.

If it is a hoolie plan C will be fine. Will do a lure tying demo for Kyle and Caitlin and your good self followed by a game of Labrynth and then a world final chess match between Kyle and young Snatcher.

Venue - my caravan.

Plan or what :lol::lol:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair