Bird Id

Gillies

As many of you know Im useless with birds ..... anyone got any idea what this one is?

gm_weebirdy.jpg

Is it a young Robin? I was photoing it at quite a distance so could not get a crisper shot.

Gillies

Edited by Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I got an email from someone seconds after I posted this, saying its a Female Stonechat ... looking at more info on the bird, a summer visitor to the Lewis.

Dave - Cant seem to get that link to work for young Robin ... any ideas?

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I got an email from someone seconds after I posted this, saying its a Female Stonechat ... looking at more info on the bird, a summer visitor to the Lewis.

Gillies

Hiya Gillies,

yup looks like a female Stonechat, see seems to be a bit slow in leaving the Island.. cant say I blame her :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Yes thats what it is a Female Stonechat,didnt realise that they were only a summer visitor to the western Isles.As they are resident on the East coast.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum