Conoflex Or Greys

theguyfulla

hello all

santa claus is nearly here so nearly time to get the tackle catalogue out i,ve been using a greys orion and a penn extreme 2 match for a few years now both great rods but i feel i need a new rod so i,ve kind of narrowed it down to a choice of two .. theconoflex nemesis slr.... or the greys apollo m2 just wondering if all you guys an galls out there have an opinion or a preferance on which i should go for???? :unsure:<_<:mellow:

if it was me itd be the conoflex what type of fishing do you do

do a lot up the west coast sea lochs not really needing 150+yards up there because the water is usually quite deep, but east coast for cod during winter and the odd trip down the mull of galloway for the chance of a tope need something with a bit of backbone to launch a big bait out :D

Ive got the conoflex vampire wouldnt swap it for the world try one and see what i mean

:D I've had several Conoflex rods, boat and beach and I've got a Source at the moment. It's a match type rod that shows the bites well but is really a wolf in sheeps clothing as it'll handle double figure smoothhounds no promblem. If it comes to the choice where both rods are about the same on performance and cost, I'd have the UK built rod, just to protect jobs and reward Conoflex for having their rods built here, not in China. :rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 5 2005, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:I'd have the UK built rod, just to protect jobs and reward Conoflex for having their rods built here, not in China. :rolleyes:

Well said, Norm!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest @AUTUMN@

I have a greys Appollo mark 1. Fantastic rod that as stood up to all that has been thrown at it. Here at Whitby we have some of the roughest grounds in the uk and the Appollo handles them all with ease. My biggest fish is just short of 15 pound and the greys pulled it from a kelp filled gulley with ease.

I here the mark 2 is not quite as good but if its only half the rod youve still got a fantastic buy. My next purchase is the Greys Nitra But Im having the Apollo rerung and hope to be using it again before long.

For harsh conditions I think greys have the edge. If youve ever fished the north east you wont have failed to notice how many people have these rods.