Keep Me Warm!

Gaz51

Ron Thompson carp suit available from Hooked:

http://www.fishing-direct.com/customer/pro...5&cat=29&page=1

Long time supporter of AN ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wear M&S thermals, and greys GRX troussers (with a neoprene bum) and GRX wading jacket, both of which you'll be able to see me modelling at timsbury tomorrow :) the greys stuff is on a mega special offer at harris at the moment

I also echo the recommendation for neoprene boots. Yes, moon boots are warm but no fun to walk in. See my field test of Sundridge neoprene boots at http://anglers-net.co.uk/reviews/sundridge.htm

Well the mornings are getting pretty nippy, so just before I order some of these ....

Is neoprene totally waterproof? I ask because my neoprene gloves do soak up water eventually.

Also, is the fit standard / tight / generous ? Bearing in mind extra socks etc.

cheers

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Well the mornings are getting pretty nippy, so just before I order some of these ....

Is neoprene totally waterproof? I ask because my neoprene gloves do soak up water eventually.

cheers

That is becuase gloves normally don't have taped waterproof seams opposed to waders

cheers

Glen, I was wearing my neophrene boots at Timsbury. I originally bought them so that I could launch my boat without getting my feet wet. I 've had them for about 4 years and they haven't yet sprung a leak.

I wouldnt describe them as a tight fit but they are a firm fit with thermal socks and a pair of cotton socks underneath the thermals. Thats because they have 'stretch' built in. Its being a good fit that makes them pretty good for walking too. My old Daiwa thermal boots were impossible to walk in because the heel height pushed my toes forward and after a few minutes became too uncomfortable. That's a fault with a lot of thermal boots that are more suitable for static fishing. The other thing about neophrene boots is that being lightweight, you can wear them in the summer when the ground is muddy and theres a danger of sinking up to your shins in the stuff.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'