Keep Me Warm!

Gaz51

I have only one piece of advice.

GET A TWO PIECE!!!!!!!!!!! May cost a tad more BUT a lot more versatile!! And now the hard sell!! How about the ULTIMATE ARCTIC two Piece?? around about £40 plus post??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another fan of several layers and 2 piece suits. This is both more flexible and, as an Eskimo will tell you, several thin layers are warmer than 1 thick one.

I also echo the recommendation for neoprene boots. Yes, moon boots are warm but no fun to walk in. See my field test of Sundridge neoprene boots at http://anglers-net.co.uk/reviews/sundridge.htm BTW, I also highly recommend Sundridge clothing - well worth the money.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

My local army and navy store sold me a one piece quilted jobby for 40 quid last year.......REALLY nice n warm too and easy enough to keep clean (100% nylon)

A word of advice though, don't go falling in the river with one on 'cos you really will be in BIG trouble.

Why would you be in big trouble?

Sounds to me that it would be the perfect thing to be wearing if you fell in

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

a little tip for ya!

and it will cost u pence! go to a carpet shop, you know thos little sample books, or failing that

a small off cut off of foam back carpet! get a bit about 2x2!

roll it up and put it by ya kit!

when your sitting ther freezing your t*ts off put it under your feet! like a mat,

honestly u will be amazed the diffrence it makes to you warmth!

as in if my feet ar cold im properly cold! like warmth through the top of your head (wear a hat) the cold connection of your feet against cold earth will do the same but in opposite

stops that nagging ache dead i promise!

Geoff, AKA Ray Mears ;)

Geffaz, what a brilliant idea! At muddy venues I sometimes use a spare unhooking mat to stop slithering around and it also helps with warmth, but that's heavier and bulkier. Thanks for that one!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I pushed the boat out on Monday and ordered an Igloo 3 (Sundridge)

Not the cheapest by any means, it was £195.

BUT, it arrived Tuesday and that same evening I spent in horrendous rain on the banks of a very swollen Severn. It was wet, muddy and chilly. Not once did I feel cold at all. The jacket has a removable liner and you also get a Sleepskin top, way too warm to wear the lot unless you`re ice fishing in Lapland......

Expensive yes but worth every penny. Quality never comes cheap, I expect this suit will last for years.

wolf.gif

before you pay out good money can i suggest you look in the askari catoluge it's my personel choice i have an all in one & a b+b with 3/4 lenth coat i swear by them but as i said it's my personel choice. can't hurt to look :D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I'm another fan of several layers and 2 piece suits. This is both more flexible and, as an Eskimo will tell you, several thin layers are warmer than 1 thick one.

I also echo the recommendation for neoprene boots. Yes, moon boots are warm but no fun to walk in. See my field test of Sundridge neoprene boots at http://anglers-net.co.uk/reviews/sundridge.htm BTW, I also highly recommend Sundridge clothing - well worth the money.

Joan asked me the other day "What do you want for Christmas" Thank's Steve. What an opportune moment for me to replace my moon boots. My new dog took offence at me leaving him in the house on his own while I went fishing. When I arrived home, he had eaten the padded tops, bless him. :rolleyes:

I used to have an Eskimo pen friend when I was at school. He wrote me asking "What's a corner?" (Stan Boardman). ;)

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.