Lead molds

tyneside tiddler

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of different moulds in the adds sections of all sea angler mags, not sure whicj type is best for you but theres dozens to choose from.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Tiddler try: ID Tackle, they used to be on Chilly Road Heaton but may have moved so look in the phone book, they should have what you are after.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Heatsource - powerful gas ring is probably best, use Propane as it burns hotter than butane. Melting pot - cut an empty gas bottle in half and use the bottom half, saucepans tend to either bend with the weight of lead, or the handles fall off. Cheap/free lead - see your local friendly roofer. :D Wires - I use corrugated aqualoops as they make the moulding process a lot faster. I have ot slow down to allow the lead to cool as my moulds get so hot! Finally, do a search as this subject has been discussed many times.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Get an old pessure cooker pan they are well made and tough as old boots/propane defanatly the best/

mind the fumes theres more than one way to get lead piosoning.And last but not least, the Smallest droplet of miosture hitting moulten lead will empty the pot upwards, so good idea not to sweat over the pot Get a gemmini set for your moulds not the cheapist but good.

[ 28. July 2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: five bellies ]

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I read somewhere about warming the mould with a candle. Supposedly this dries the inner surfaces and the soot coating makes the sinkers easier to remove. Has anyone tried this? Is it worth doing?

You chaps are a mine of info.

Thanks again & keep it coming...

Thats true makes them shiney as well.allso Borax flux works well, makes the lead flow a lot easier

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!