Lead molds

tyneside tiddler

Try DCA moulds in Swansea. I have used often them in the past. They do several styles and supply tail wires and grips. Can't find their phone number at the moment, if I do I'll re-post.

By the way , rather than go to all the trouble of making a pot fo melting lead, I always use an old baked bean tin with a pair of self grip pliers, with a spout bent on one side. It heats up quickly and will last several sessions. I've made up to 30 leads in a session with no problem. After a while the soldered seam gives way, but by then you should have had some more beans!! :D:D

As has been mentioned the important thing is to have everthing organised (like somewhere to put your finished leads), make sure the mould is dry,

and pre-heat (i use a gas blowlamp). Also have a good supply of lead cut into fairly small pieces, then once you get going and the mould is hot, it's surprising how many you can do in a short space of time. Also as mentioned if possible do it outside, it's much more healthy.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen Up ..

DCA Moulds

The Maltings

East Tyndall St.

Cardiff

CF1 5EA

Tel... (01222) 489342

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Hiya, DCA moulds are no more.. :( ..mainly due to Ron Thomson moulds being much cheaper, but not any better....but, you might be able to get some from Old Mouldy......he's superb to deal with, and very reasonable prices too.... :D

[ 31. July 2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest jay_con

Get yourself a decent mask that stops lead gasses. A

blow torch speeds up the process no end.

Anyone in scarborough area could consider using the local Weight maker (email me for details). He will take whatever lead you can supply, weigh it and give you half the weight in ready made leads of whatever description u choose. Saves on a lot of hassel.

As far as I know, Old Mouldy has got some of the stock, and he can be contacted on here....I've bought stuff from him , very nice chap, and good to deal with...he also puts some items on Ebay..... :D

Cheers.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/