Meeting with Defra in August.

I got a copy Defra's latest Newsletter, Fisheries Focus, through the post last week. It mentions that Defra are meeting with stakeholders to discusss amendements to the RSA strategy this month. Apparently, amendments are considered necessary because of the nature of some of the responses to the consultation.

As this newsletter went out over a week ago, you would think that those who will be attending the meeting, to represent me and you, would have used the forums to get an idea of what the revolting anglers actually want them to say to Defra. As they haven't, to my knowledge, done so; maybe they don't consider themselves as representative of anglers in general and have consulted their respective memberships instead? If that is the case, are there any members of the NFSA, SACN or BASS who have been consulted by their representatives?

They may claim that the revolting anglers have already been consulted, but that was on the RSA travesty as was, not the new amended version that they are about to write up.

I would also imagine that those who have been invited to attend the meeting will be sent a copy of Defra's summary of responses to the RSA travesty consultation, which is supposed to be out in August. Could anyone on the attendees list please tell us the date of the meeting and, also, when the summary of responses will be out?

Back to the origins of the thread.

As we now know that the meeting took place on Tuesday the 12th August, how about a report from someone who went along? What was said with regard to the responses and what was the outcome of the meeting? Are they going to amend the RSA strategy, or bin it altogether?

I've looked on the NFSA website, the SACN website and the BASS website and there isn't a mention of this meeting on any of them.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the origins of the thread.

As we now know that the meeting took place on Tuesday the 12th August, how about a report from someone who went along? What was said with regard to the responses and what was the outcome of the meeting? Are they going to amend the RSA strategy, or bin it altogether?

I've looked on the NFSA website, the SACN website and the BASS website and there isn't a mention of this meeting on any of them.

I imagine the ammendments following the consultation are the interesting bits, like do defra really take note of what the ordinaries are saying, thats the revolting anglers by the way. :) Just wondering if the reps have put a toe in the water and found it too hot (let someone else put thier head up first) regarding rep proposels like more toilets and carparks, or have they just gone fishing. B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

DEFRA doing what they do best, about time the penny dropped Leon. You give up prime fishing time to sit with these muppets ?????

Agree with that, if the mullet club do a reccey in weymouth harbour they will see where the 30% reduction of the stock are, there's thousands of them, never seen so many. B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

This exactly what I was on about on the other thread, in fighting. Not just on this issue but on almost every thing that comes up.

In the end we trash ourselves and it is no wonder that the average angler decides to ignore conservation politics.

There will be a rod license enforced with hefty fines and loss of gear, there will be bag limits enforced with hefty fines and loss of gear, there will be no take zones and other forms of marine reserves, and yes RSAs will not influence the proceedings because other consolidated bodies are getting their arguments over much better whilst we continue to shred each other.

I am afraid we had our chance and blew it.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist