Unusual Catches

stan4massey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've caught a speedboat too. Only time I've caught something which made my rod lock up. Burnt my thumb on the reel. It was catch and release, after it half emptied my 525. :blink:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Just reminded me, I caught the waverly at Greenock not so long ago...

These larger vessels can be voracious predators at times, I lost an Atlantic 464 and Abu reel years ago when the Lion out of Ardrossan struck without warning at 4.am, (was sound asleep)

a spurdog caught on a plastic bag.

putting down ruby duby with the bag tied to my line and a weight below. spur must have grabbed the bag ina frenzy and it got stuck in its teeth.

tesco. every little helps

:lol::lol: Love that one, you can just picture the pre wrapped spur :)

Over the years I've had quite a few unusual catches,Terns, Gullimot's, Cormorants, Speedboats, Divers (boy was he ****) Wind surfers, not to mention the fish. Probably the most interesting was a 5 min tug of war after a Large Common took a fancy to my dubby tube :rolleyes:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

there was a few replys there about birds being caught on rod an line think i,ve got one to beat them :) i was fishing loch sunnart with ian burret for skate a few years ago when a herring gull flew into one of the lines the thing took off an pulled about 100 yards of line out an then spashed down in the water, the other gull in the vicinity were going mental with me dragging it back in to release it, when out of no where there was this sound like wind, it was a white tailed sea eagle!!!! it stooped down an plucked the herring gull right out of the water :o:o:o it lifted the gull up about 100 feet then dropped it again, circled round an then plunged down again an picked it up with one tallon!!! by this time there was a lot of shouting for the camera an we managed to get it on video it dropped the gull again but never picked it up again, circled the boat a couple of times then drifted away over the hills :blink::blink::) fishing was cancelled for the day after that!!! well how do you top that with a fish????

hooked my mate with 3 maky feathers on the back cast! he didnt put up much of a fight tho!

just reeled him straight in!

First catch was a 6.5lb. Mullet on baited feathers. After catching a few Mackerel for bait for the following day I decided to fling the feathers back out baited as I was going to pack up soon and couldn`t be bothered to tackle up a float. The rod went hurtling round and from the top of the rocka I thought it was a Bass but turned out to be the Mullet.

Second catch from the same mark but a different time and agian on feathers I had a great Sunfish, it was hooked in the mouth but I am sure it was more luck than judgement, hell can`t them things go when they turn side on to the tide.

Thinking about it my best two fish have fallen to feathers, perhaps I should stop using bait.

Dave

Edited by fisherman
ANMC Founder Member. Always learning