Unusual Catches

stan4massey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9lb 3oz Bass on size 2 hook loaded with 1/4 dead Ragworm in force 7 wind and 8ft + of surf!!!!

Beat that!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

Was fishing the Derwent Reservoir many moons ago with normal trout fly gear and hooked a sheep on the backcast. I can assure you the fight was fantastic but never managed to get it in :lol::lol::lol:

same thing happend to me at tenderten, also a shad on the retrive of a mangled old piece of rag worm whilst bass fishing on the blackwater.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Ok this is the one I was saving ;)

Fishing the Tyne at Ovingham one evening hooked a bat fair and square with a sixe 14 orange partridge. They are cute things mind.Was pleased to see the little bloke fly off :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Coconut hair door mat,

Fought like a demon,left your average carrier bag standing, right up to the surf line I thought it was a class roker. Had about six poeple round me,coaching and giving me the benifit of thier collective wisdom, went home in shame not long after.

the fat boy couldent take the Ribbing. :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

One of the funniest moments was out in Florida with happy Dude. I had put 800 yards of 80 lb braid on a new reel but wasn't happy with the tension, so i ran the lot of the reel out at sea intending to wind it back. A speed boat went passed towing a guy on a board. The boat ran staight over the line, wrapped round his prop and came to abrupt stop. Only thing is the guy being towed didn't stop, well not until he crashed into the speed boat. I lost £60 worth of virgin braid.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

One of the funniest moments was out in Florida with happy Dude. I had put 800 yards of 80 lb braid on a new reel but wasn't happy with the tension, so i ran the lot of the reel out at sea intending to wind it back. A speed boat went passed towing a guy on a board. The boat ran staight over the line, wrapped round his prop and came to abrupt stop. Only thing is the guy being towed didn't stop, well not until he crashed into the speed boat. I lost £60 worth of virgin braid.

ha ha, i'd forgotten about that :lol:

we were kacking ourselves incase they were waiting for us when we got back :lol:

in fact it was nearly as funny as me being the first person in history to get hypothermia in the florida keys :(

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Come on then Happy Dude tell all ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy