Sunderland Catch Report ........9/11/05

pestguard1

Well I fished Sunderland today from 6.30 am to 1.30 pm ....................

I started off at the Yacht Club for a few hours ....................current realy strong...............caught a few whities and colies...........................then moved onto Roker pier..............fished left hand side ...3/4 of the way down................a lot more whities and some collies..................lost a bit of gear ........mainly weights.(used a weak link on leads )............................................

Now I know why I dont usually fish Sunderland...............THE BLOODY PIER IS MILES LONG..................was knackerd by the time I got there and set up.

But I realy enjoyed myself today.

Bait used :-

rag worm

mussle

mackerel

quid

Caught 18 whities

6 collies

NO COD ......................

36_1_39.gif

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report :)

I know what you mean about the pier, i have fished it many occassions in the past when i lived near Hull, it's a nice walk on a nice day but i have done it in all weathers lol (i believe you are on about the same pier as me, the one i know as south shields pier and about 1 mile long or something)

GOLF BUGGY WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got some in me garage..................................if I`m not on here tommorow night.............................I`m converting tackle box.

Cheers for that m8

36_1_55.gif

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

tugmistress, roker pier is the northerly pier on the mouth of the wear, from the end you can see south shields pier which is even longer than roker pier.

glad to read the report, I'm itching to wet a line now.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

tugmistress, roker pier is the northerly pier on the mouth of the wear, from the end you can see south shields pier which is even longer than roker pier.

glad to read the report, I'm itching to wet a line now.

You must be able to see round corners Phil :blink: The furthest point you can see north of Roker Pier is Whitburn (Used to watch the snow storms coming from that way when codling fishing ;) )

Really? I might be thinking of the whitburn point where I could see both, was sure you could but happy to be wrong.

Is it seaburn pier you can see from roker??

well confused, gonna bob down tonight (if it's open given the wind) and check it out.

actually, not gonna go down tonight, going to catch some whiting at the copthorne ( a few codling showing too)

tight lines anyone else going out

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY