Help Please

nursejudy

if i find text .for example a joke,i cannot seem to copy/cut and paste anymore with the new set up....please enlighten me how to do it!!!!!!

judy

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Try this: Highlight the text you want, hold down "ctrl" and press "c" this copies the text. To paste it, left click wherever you want with the mouse to insert the cursor, hold down "ctrl" and press the "v" key.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

thanks Steve ..i was right clicking instead of left....got th etext in th epost but it came up with

Sorry ,dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed.....

neve rused to have tis trouble...what do I do now please....

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Judity - if you have copied the text you want and while in a reply box here, hold down the CTRL key and press the letter 'V' as Steve suggested, it should work.

The tag message sounds like there was a mixture of text and pictures in the stuff you tried to paste. Was there?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If you're using Firefox you can also put buttons in the toolbar for Copy & Paste.

Didn't know that, but I usually use the keyboard anyway.

While were on the subject of shortcuts, does anyone know if one exists for standby / hibernate? :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Didn't know that, but I usually use the keyboard anyway.

While were on the subject of shortcuts, does anyone know if one exists for standby / hibernate? :)

For the C&P buttons, go :View : Toolbars: Customise: and then you can just drag and drop to the toolbar.

May not be available with all themes, I'm currently using *Modern Pinball* and in it's in there.

Standby shortcut: only way I know is *Alt and F4*, this will close any open applications, and if there are none open it will bring up the shutdown window. Not really a proper *standby* shortcut though.

I dont know of any shortcuts, but there's options in>>>>>Start>>Control panel>>Power options

I dont use it so I dont know...hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic