How Are You Guys Over West?!

tugmistress

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Paula, Erskine Bridge is closed till tomorrow,and the Forth Bridge is closed to high siders....still got the roof on my shed tho'......

Thanks for caring..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya

looks like they forecast another damp squib, tis breezy with a 50mph wind max, well short of the 80mph that they forecast. I can see Erskine bridge control getting a lot of flack for over reacting and closing the bridge :lol:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy...It wasnt a 50mph breeze that almost blew over the concrete pump in Glasgow City this morning. The building that the work was being done on had a Wind thingy on the top, and seemingly it registered 70mph..... :rolleyes:

The job was cancelled, and all the guys sent home...too dangerous to work on the 5th floor.....thats why I was sent home early..... :D Every cloud has a silver lining...... :D

Also winds of 80 mph registered on the Tay Bridge too......getting ready to close it, I heard on the radio..... B)

Theocritis..

Guest NickInTheNorth

well the corran ferry got cancelled at about 12.30 cos the wind was gusting to 70+mph Been getting worse since then, plenty of trees down this afternoon on the road from Acharacle to Strontian, but the council guys kept it open as always.

Certainly worse than last monday's gentle breeze!

Hope it don't get too bad up there Paula, but looks like there's a serious blow on the way for you.

Posted on Metcheck by Martin from Isle of Skye:

I've just driven from Portree back home to Dunvegan (had to pick up some stuff in case i need to stay in Portree should the mains fail), and then back to Portree, and I can vouch that the weather is HORRENDOUS!!! The wind is abismal, couple that with driving torrential showers and copious ammounts of sea spray you can imagine what it's like to drive in!!! There's debris in the road as well as stones from flooding.

Anyway, the power supply did fail here in Portree while i was on the road, but it's all on again now. There is no mobile phone reception at all here, and the TV and radio transmitters were offline earlier, although i can get radio again now. I did hear that parts of Skye had lost their main supply already but i'm not certain - there's plenty of hydro people about but it's to bad right now for them to do much.

The main electricity sub station at Dunvegan is crawling with Hydro engineers and their equipment - poles, transformers etc - all sat waiting for the inevitable. This sub station supplies the whole of the Western Isles and also the whole of North Skye, so if it goes, big areas get blacked out. Lets hope it doesn't fail - at least the engineers are ready if it does!

The wind is gusting very strong here, even worse the further west you go as you become more exposed. The rain showers are torrential right now, with flooding on the road between Portree and Dunvegan. It's still mild as the wind has not yet veered into the west, which is when we could see the worst conditions.

All in all it's a helish night - not pretty at all.

11 November 2005 : 18:39 GMT

RL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Davy...EVERYTHING misses Clydebank mate.... :D:D

"Hope it don't get too bad up there Paula, but looks like there's a serious blow on the way for you."

Ooooer misses...... :D:D

Theocritis..