WEST MERSEA BOAT NICKED FOR 20 UNDERSIZED BASS

sam-cox

this net probably had large mesh so it would catch larger fish, herring netts with small mest do not catch many large cod do they?

From what you say it was unatended, its illegal to drift netts and leave them unattended hear.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into my local tackel shop yesterday, in there was a couple of friends i know. we got on to the subject of nets and found out that there are four young lads puting out nets at Crow point in the taw estuary. This is inside a bass nursry area. They are known to the right people but no action has been taken against them as they are only 14.

They go out in a small rowing boat, so a quick fly by may be needed in my boat, I wonder how big the wake is?

the wake from your boat, or the wake after the young lads funerals?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Hi Sam

That particular net was being used in the early hours of the morning before light and was fishing in a marine reserve area. They were to close to the reef it snagged up and they had to do a bunk. They were caught later that week.

Mesh size about 75 to 80mm the pic shows it clearly in bmp file form the jpg file causes lose of quality plus it is under water.

What I am trying to say is things are not always what they seem to be, I know very little about netting of fish but I do know that underwater they do not perform as they are thought to.

I am not against commercial fishing, I admire guys like Wurzle who are without doubt finding it harder to make a decent living.

But to say anglers take more under size fish than commercials kill as by catch is very hard to believe.

The fisherman who was caught must have been a bit stupid to say the least to risk everything for a handfull of under size fish.

But as it has been said many times before if we break the law and get caught don't cry foul.

Just because others are getting away with it does not mean you pat him on the back and let him go.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Knowing my luck if i did the above i would only get the net around my prop for all the hassle it's worth. Will be having a word with them though to see if i can change there ways.

Ken, I hope he gets his boat, lisence and gear consfergated and gets a ten grand fine.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

??? Surely nobody disagrees.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Sam - it is almost impossible to imagine a statement that everybody will agree with.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President