Fly Fishing For Bass

Simon Everett

Hi Folks,

I have an apology to make - and things to put right. Back in September Hungry Fisherman was asking about whether he should go with a bass guide or no.....

I mentioned Justin Anwyl on the south coast who is a good guide there is no doubt about it - but I got the figures all mixed up. What I said was wrong, he charges £90 per day per rod and takes a maximum of 3 people - £300 per day for the full boat load (with tips).

I made a right balls up and am happy to hold my hands up and admit it. Sorry Justin, I hope that I didn't put anyone off by frightening them away with the price. If I did there is now going to be a stampede because £90 per rod is fantastic value - you pay £200 to fish for stocked rainbows and browns in someone's back garden (River Test). That £90 includes the use of suitable saltwater fly gear from Orvis - rod, reel, line and flies. I am not sure whether you pay for the flies that you lose - you can't complain if you do!

The quality of his guiding is second to none and I have no hesitation in mentioning him. To put it in perspective, he and his clients have caught (total catch & release) over 3000 bass this year - all on fly. With figures like that he must be doing something right. He has a lovely, classic launch that he uses to take people out to his marks and the whole experience is one that I hope to sample for myself next year. That is if he will have me after a massive goof like that.

Humbled beyond belief..

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Is Justin the guy that advertises around the Chichester area Simon, have been going to book him for the past 2 years but seem to get carried away with other things.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvin,

That's the chap. Do you fancy going together then? You can show me how to do it!! I think late June or July is about the time to be thinking of - no doubt he will read this and come back and correct me (again!!).

Waders needed - or hardy sous like me just wet wade because we are too tight to go and buy a new set of neoprenes, mine only leak at the feet and knees - the rest of them stay dry!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I'm not tight, but £300 to show/teach you fly fishing, well over the top.

My local lake charges £15 per hour and after 2 hours at the most you should be casting OK it may not be as par to the so called experts, but you will cast and catch fish.

I while back my local collage did a course on fly fishing, I did the course and found it very pleasing, it was carried out on a grass field for 4 lessons and twice at the lakes with class room work at well for knots ect and a taster with fly tying at the end.

Surly there can't be any difference between Trout and Bass

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Justins a true pro , he comes up with the goods and is helping to promote Bass conservation and saltwater fly fishing to a lot of new recruits. i rekon he may have to put up with a few yaks following him around next season , but then he,s got an engine to cover all those marks quickly so they are gonna have to paddle like hell to keep up :D

Simon, count me in but let me know the dates early so that I can plan it on the 2006 schedule which I hope will be very busy with lots of fishing and lots of new species and locations :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com