Identifying A Stroke

Guest Jan V

I take your point. Didn't read it in a critical mood. My impression has always been that a stroke is like a broken leg, once the first aider gets there it's already happened and all you can do is minimise the damage.

However, I believe the Americans are much less likely to rely on thrombolytic drugs. They are more likely to use angioplasty and a stent. Whether that would make a difference I'm not sure, certainly not in the case of a bleed.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

i doubt a british doctor could get to you in 3 hours even if you had a stroke in the car park outside A+E

im afraid to say. N.H.S has been cut to the bone in this country, mr n. bevan would be spinning in his grave

it's to top heavy more indian's & less chief's please.

if it wasn't so serious it would be funny, but thank's again for that harrowing message lets hope we never

need to use it. :mellow::mellow::mellow:

merlino (bill)

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

i doubt a british doctor could get to you in 3 hours even if you had a stroke in the car park outside A+E

You'd be better off with a heart attack, really - the paramedics in the ambulance can do quite a lot for you even before you reach the hospital. Chewing 300mg of aspirin is a good idea too (not recommended for stroke though, which *might* be caused by an intracranial bleed, so you'd only make matters worse).

Pity we're not given a choice of ways to go...

Chewing 300mg of aspirin is a good idea too (not recommended for stroke though, which *might* be caused by an intracranial bleed, so you'd only make matters worse).

So how about 300mg ASA and a burr hole?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So having suffered one twelve months ago I can tell you 1st hand, the arms plenty of strength. felt fine just a bit unbalanced, oh yes the most telling thing, slightly slurred speech. Like has been said I was fortunate in as much as I was somewhere where someone recognized the symptoms and held me down quite forcefully I might add, which kept me still and quiet, I might otherwise have done exactly the same as the poor lady mentioned above.

I have made a full recovery with absolutely no after effects at all. I consider myself a very fortunate individual.

THE ABOVE ADVICE IS SOUND AND COULD ALMOST CERTAINLY SAVE A LIFE