Breaking news from the government!!

bryan

If they stopped all the foreign boats from fishing U.K waters that would be a start!!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign boats arent interested in conservation, all they care about is getting what they can whilst they can!!, it is wrong that they should be allowed in our waters when our fleet is being decomishend and foreign fleets grow???

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Hiya,

Sorry to burst any bubble but it ain't the Foreign boats that are totally to blame, The UK fleet is just as bad if not worse then the Foreign fleet. Though they do like you to believe that all our problems are caused by Foreign boats, it's the UK boats that have wiped out our fish stocks within the 12 mile limit.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

i pay my tv licence & i get tv reception

if i pay my sea fishing licence then i will expect to catch fish

the government can do something about tv reception

ergo

they can do something about fish stocks

i hope they are aware what they are letting themselves in for by implementing this licence

Guest jay_con

is thurso angler a trawlerman? ready to blame everyone else and pretend our lot are hard done by angels.

in recent times the only two countries to get a ticking off from europe in regard to fishing are?

im sure youll all guess at spain. the other is us. and from what ive heared our trawlermen are the worst, they allegedly break every rule in the book. please dont beleive what you here in the papers and on the tv about our commercial men. theyre as bad as the rest if not worse.

winter:

and ill dance naked in trafalger sq

And I will bare my ar5e on the town hall steps!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

leon the 60% commercial catch that you state us anglers arent interested in ; but they are part of the food chain and surely over fishing of these will still effect what we catch ?

i for one will gladly cough up for a licence . it would be interesting to see a bailiff ask for licences on the chesil when the mackerel fisherman are about .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith