Luck Favours The Brave?

geffaz

any of u lads braving the cold and getting out ther when the wind drops?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any of u lads braving the cold and getting out ther when the wind drops?

Only managed about half an hour yak fishing time the other day - the wind picked up so i headed back in before it got too lumpy. Unfortunately not many cod/codling are being caught in my area at the moment . Hope to get out next week if it flattens off.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

i'll be fishing tomorrow morning from 6.a.m. in poole harbour.i'd probably go mad if i didn't get out once a week!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Sadly not at the moment and yes I am going mad, on shopping and kid duties running up to the big day so will have to put up with starring out of the window at the lack of breeze (this morning) and wish that I was out there getting cold and wet.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hiya Geffez.

Was going to try for Flounder on the Exe, but after the results of a beach comp I just fished , I dont think Ill bother.

Approx 500 fisherman......5 fish caught on the Sat.....three from the boat section, two from the shore.

It has been said that the river is being netted, and the Flounder used as pot bait :(

What a sad day, the people responsible have killed the river.

YY

Bill,

Terrible news, the Exe and Teign were the mainstay of Westcountry flounder fishing and probably very important as a source of fry for other rivers too - wiping out those two rivers (because I haev heard similar stories from Teignmouth) has probably affected the entire flounder stocks of the South West.

I think the local paper - and even the Western Morning News should be asked to run a story on that. Time ordinary folks got to hear about the irresponsible rape that is being perpetrated on our seas.

Might sound stupid, but the W.I. represents a huge membership (nearly 500,000 members) and if they get upset about something look out - we could do with them on our side! Look what happened to Tony Blair when he got on the wrong side of them.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon.

There was a lot of people voicing thier views.

Mike Ladle was there, and he was fuming......think he will be taking this one up with the backing of the N.F.S.A.

It was said that the Trawlers were at them too......getting 60p a lb for the Flounder, so a 5lb Flounder is worth 60p to them, sad feckers <_<

Another wipe out by selfish sods.

YY

Hi Bill

Sad news about the teign flounder fest bud . Unfortunately the decline of the Exe and the Teign has been ongoing for some years now . Total greed yet again !!

Having fished in East Devon for some 35 years I thought I had just about seen it all, but ooooh no!!

just 10 days ago on my yaking trip ,less than 3 miles off Budleigh I counted 13 trawlers , yes I did say 13 , 6 of them were beamer's , the others were scallopers , weaving in and out of each other working a very small area.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! I suppose they will blame it on the French or Spanish.

Only yesterday I spoke to a couple of divers who told me they had tried to dive on several marks in that corner of Lyme Bay quite recently , describing it as " totally fuc*** " all the reefs they dived smashed to pieces and unrecognizable, the sea bed resembling a ploughed field in every direction and totally devoid of sea life.

Causing that destruction is as short sighted as it gets . It will take some time to recover from that kind of thrashing . :angry::angry:

Edited by chuggs

Hiya Chuggs.

Ploughed field just about sums up the sea bed where these trawlers work.

I reckon that sooner or later......preferably sooner, we will need to think about putting down artificial reefs for our sea life ( whats left of it ).

Other Countries have done it, and had great success, but as normal, we the British, will leave things to the last minute, and then think about it for another 10 years, then say we have no money to do it anyway :angry:

If we did manage to get some reefs down, and let nature start to colonise them, the reefs should remain out of bounds to ALL comercial enterprise.

We are so bloody soft with the people that DO get caught out illegal fishing, that there is NO deterent.

The whole issue is taken to lightly and treated with utter contempt by our impotent authorities, makes me feckin sick.

Burn thier soddin boats, and BAN them from EVER fishing again.

Now THATS spitting my feckin Dummy Starvin :D

YY :(